Jaguar XE Forum banner

Incontrol Map Update Software

21K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Skyrim 
#1 ·
Just to let everyone know there is a new version of the Incontrol Map updater software. Its now ver 3.1. Just launch the program and it should offer the upate. Seems to work. :)

Regards John

#2 ·
Just tried this, only update available for me was Europe & Russia 26.1.9780, but it wasn't free.

After reading other threads on this site I have checked my SD card, it is;

Europe and Russia FK72 10E898 AB region 1

Software Version: 9.12.38.655421
Database Version: JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU2014Q1;20140828

Could anyone confirm this is the latest version, as I was assured at time of purchase (31.12.16) that the sat nav had been updated.

#3 ·
That is not the latest version. This is what I had put onto my car on the 13th of December

Software version 9.12.38.655421
Database version JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU25.3.9550

Your software is the latest version but the maps are not. The dealer needs to get a new card for you as detailed in this thread

http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3706

Bob

#4 ·
Blue Fire said:
Just tried this, only update available for me was Europe & Russia 26.1.9780, but it wasn't free.

After reading other threads on this site I have checked my SD card, it is;

Europe and Russia FK72 10E898 AB region 1

Software Version: 9.12.38.655421
Database Version: JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU2014Q1;20140828

Could anyone confirm this is the latest version, as I was assured at time of purchase (31.12.16) that the sat nav had been updated.
I don't get my car until March 6th and don't know what Jaguar offers for its map updates. If they give free updates for a year say you shoud get a redeem code to enter and you would get the map for free.

Regards John

#5 ·
Total and utter sh*te!
I have a log in for Jaguar Incontrol to do my journeys on the laptop or go into the app on the phone etc.
But this doesn't recognise that login!
So presumably as it's got the extra "touch" on the end of it I have to register all over again?
But in January 16 I actually had an update to the card so the register thing is confusing.
Well, they can take a running jump.
If I'm so inclined I'll ask for the latest card the next time I'm at the dealer but I'm not registering again AND paying more.

Rant over!
:D

#6 ·
moose said:
That is not the latest version. This is what I had put onto my car on the 13th of December

Your software is the latest version but the maps are not. The dealer needs to get a new card for you as detailed in this thread

Bob
Out of interest whats your map version?

Regards John

#8 ·
moose said:

Bob
Supplying dealer contacted awaiting reply for request of new card, thank you

#9 ·
Map version on the card is

Europe and Russia FK72 10E898 AC region 1

Note the AC not AB that you have.

Bob

#10 ·
PhilB said:
Blue Fire said:
Same as my card and mine was a July 2015!
Car was an approved Jaguar, first registered September 2015 (65 plate)

#11 ·
Just checked and I can purchase Europe & Russia 26.1.9780 if I want to !!!

Look like they have fixed the updater software issue and we have to pay for it :shock:

Bob

#12 ·
moose said:
Map version on the card is

Europe and Russia FK72 10E898 AC region 1

Note the AC not AB that you have.

Bob
Forget the paying bit for the moment but how do you know the map being offered on the map updater is older than what you have? Not saying your wrong but how have you got the date?

Regards John

#13 ·
moose said:
Just checked and I can purchase Europe & Russia 26.1.9780 if I want to !!!

Look like they have fixed the updater software issue and we have to pay for it :shock:

Bob
The purpose of me starting this thread was to tell everyone that the updater was fixed.

Regards John

#14 ·
Milfordman said:
The purpose of me starting this thread was to tell everyone that the updater was fixed.

Regards John
And you have John and thank you.
I think it's just what we are finding when we get into it (or not fully as in my case!)
:lol:

Nobody is shooting the messenger!

#15 ·
PhilB said:
Milfordman said:

Regards John
And you have John and thank you.
I think it's just what we are finding when we get into it (or not fully as in my case!)
:lol:

Nobody is shooting the messenger!
Not a problem. Does anybody know if there is supposed to be a period of time after purchase of a new car you get free updates? There is a provision of entering a Redeem code. Does Jaguar give these out with a new car? and allow for updates for a period of time.

Regards John

#16 ·
Milfordman said:
Not a problem. Does anybody know if there is supposed to be a period of time after purchase of a new car you get free updates? There is a provision of entering a Redeem code. Does Jaguar give these out with a new car? and allow for updates for a period of time.

Regards John
I've just posted a new thread in customer relations to try and clarify the situation once and for all.
I agree it's a bit confusing.

#17 ·
The map version I was on originally was JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU2014Q1;20140828 - 28th of August 2014.

The new version I have is JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU25.3.9550 - no date on this one !

The version of the maps is the database version you are shown.

When I put my card in the updater it asks if I want to purchase an updated version.

I believe we were entitled to free map updates for a year but seeing as the updater was broken up to now the only way to get newer maps was with a new card. I expect that now the updater is fixed they will no longer issue new cards and those of us with cars older than a year are stuffed.

Thanks Jaguar :evil:

Bob

#18 ·
moose said:
The map version I was on originally was JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU2014Q1;20140828 - 28th of August 2014.

The new version I have is JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU25.3.9550 - no date on this one !

The version of the maps is the database version you are shown.

When I put my card in the updater it asks if I want to purchase an updated version.

I believe we were entitled to free map updates for a year but seeing as the updater was broken up to now the only way to get newer maps was with a new card. I expect that now the updater is fixed they will no longer issue new cards and those of us with cars older than a year are stuffed.

Thanks Jaguar :evil:

Bob
If you are entiltled to free updates you should be able to get a Redeem code and enter that. This is what we are trying to find out.

Regards John

G
#19 ·
Sometime back I downloaded the map updater and after this posting I went back to it. I was led through a series of down loads which I have done on the computer but not yet applied to the card. Up to now I have not been asked to pay. I will try to get it updated in the next few days and report back whether I am being asked to pay extra to update. My car is May 2015, so one of the first lot.

#20 ·
What address do we send our cards to Vespa? :D

I've asked for mine to be updated along with the fixes and 2nd service in a couple of weeks.

To be honest the thought of seeing all the latest roads whilst I'm still being lead down a country lane isn't overly exciting!

#21 ·
Vespa said:
Sometime back I downloaded the map updater and after this posting I went back to it. I was led through a series of down loads which I have done on the computer but not yet applied to the card. Up to now I have not been asked to pay. I will try to get it updated in the next few days and report back whether I am being asked to pay extra to update. My car is May 2015, so one of the first lot.
I have downloaded updated software version and then loaded SD card into PC but could do nothing until I had registered and then in the absence of a redemption code could only buy at a price of GBP97, so I await response to Customer Relations with interest.

Aside from Moose has anyone else managed to get a free replacement SD card with updated maps from their dealer and if so, which dealer?

G
#22 ·
I also had to register, £97 for an update which appears as madness considering prices others charge.

Mine is preowned, a July 2015 car but still only 2600 miles on it (don't ask I've done 2300 of those in the last two months), so the map is now quite old. I was told when we bought it they would app,y updates at the service.

So I follow thus with interest.

My argument would be that the map should have at least been up to date as of November 2016 when we bought it, the database version is JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU2013Q4;20140707 maybe suggesting it's a quarter 4 2014 map.

We shall see what happens,

Cheers

#23 ·
Can confirm now that maps for cars under one year old are being asked to pay. When i launch the updater it confirms that my car was registered on their system 29/02/2016,but still wants to charge.
I can also confirm that when i first launched the updater (shortly after i bought the car), the program said i had one years free updates (although i also believed when i bought the car that i would get free updates for the length of the incontrol contract-3years). So back to dealer i think!!

#26 ·
Here the answer from Jaguar crs:

Dear Fsc...

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the map updates are not free of charge. It only notifies when there is an update if you have the InControl live updates.

Alternatively, I would suggest that you speak to your nearest local approved Jaguar retailer.

Thank you for contacting us at Jaguar Land Rover.

Yours Sincerely,

Junior Olasunkanmi
Digital Case Manager

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.