Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

The comfort of the seats is very important to me, because my wife and I both have back problems.

The last time I spoke with my dealer, I asked about 14x14 seats and driver memory compatibility, because the online configurator didn't allow me to spec both of these options together. He called the distributor about that issue because he didn't understand it.

The belgian distributor told us that the 14x14 seats option actually includes:
- 14-way electrical seats (driver and passenger)
- driver's seat memory
- electrical steering wheel with memory

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I seem to remember seeing something in the blurb which suggests that the steering column adjust includes a feature whereby the wheel is lifted to make it easier to get into the car. Presumably it takes up the memory position as soon as it feels weight on the seat cushion. Better than having a butler..

·
Registered
597 Posts
If that is the case that the memory comes with the 14x14 way seats I am happy as like Axel I tried to spec both but when I added memory it deleted the Highway Technology Pack, the dealer couldn't help on this so I just took the memory pack off.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Again if this is tru I am well happy......my order is a portfolio. Adding lumbar to the standard 10x10 seats was more than upgrading to the 14x14 that inludes lumbar support so if this also means that some other elements are included that I decided not to pay for (or indeed you could not spec anyway) that's brilliant news :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Seems the configurator is crap and the dealers on the pre-orders are pretty clueless - I have just found out (now my XE is in the build queue and can't be changed) that the 10x10 seats it forced me to have with the heated / cooled option don't have the lumbar adjustment and the online tool doesn't let you add this or warn you about it.

GRRRRR!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Jonty

Sorry to sound thick, but can you confirm that, so far as you are aware, it is the heated AND cooled seats that prevent you from including the lumbar support option. I've just done a rebuild and added cooling to the seats and it has kept the lumbar support in the build. The Prestige Spec includes heated seats (but not cooled as well) and I specced the lumbar support and expect to get it, else I will be bloody furious.

Ian

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have gone for the R-Sport and changed to 14x14 on the configuration tool. Added the cooled seats and it forces you to the 10x10 seats, won't let you pick both and I reasonably assumed a 10 way seat would include lumbar as it doesn't state clearly otherwise. And if you read the PDF of the XE which I found on Perrys website with the 10x10 seats you opt for the lumbar pack seperately which isn't a configuration tool option!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Am en route to the dealer to rant! (And try to get a bloody delivery date!).

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I can't believe that on a 37k car,with electric seats I would have to pay extra to get a bit of lumber support.even basic cheap motors have them!
I know the XE is a notch down from the xf but ffs....

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just seen my dealer and apparently I won't be getting electric lumbar support and can't change it even though my new delivery date is end of August (from end of June). Not sure if there is then a manual lumbar or just none at all?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Manual one would be fine for me,I ordered the 10x10 memory.

Sorry to hear your news tho jonty..makes me wonder if JLR should employ their own dealerships,maybe their products would be fully understood then

·
Registered
428 Posts
Dealer has offered a F Type S for the weekend to destress - not all bad!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Am thinking of trying to get one back on Jaguar, I'll say I'll return it on the Sunday, then change that to Wednesday, then two weeks the following Friday and then say "sorry I am not available, please try again later" and swallow the keys.

·
Registered
428 Posts
This is like a Ruth Rendall mystery... so an update on my case! Firstly this PDF is more helpful I think than the config tool - probably seen it elsewhere but helped me get my head around options : http://www.perrys.co.uk/site-custom/assets/pdfs/new-jaguar-xe.pdf

With my R-Sport when you have 14x14 and then add cooled seats it forces you to 10x10 and you can't change it. However in the background (and not showing on the config tool!) it adds the lumbar pack but doesn't show it - so bottom line is although my printout didn't say I am getting it, my order says I am!

Simple!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.