Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a company car driver and due to order shortly. Love the way the jag looks in 180 versions but not so sure about the wheels on the 99g tax friendly version. I have two questions:

Anyone drove the 180 regularly on motorways yet and if so what mpg are you getting?

Secondly anyone got or seen the 163 in the flesh with either the aero wheels on prestige or lightweight wheels on r sport. I like the r sport but think it won't look right with those wheels on.

Thanks

·
Registered
799 Posts
The easy clean 18's and the additional bhp were enough to make my company car choice easy.

Not driven either but if I'm paying for anything I want the one that appeals the most as I'd begrudge paying for something I didn't enjoy.

Besides a smile is worth an mpg or 2

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I don't believe anyone can give you real-world mileage data as cars are only now trickling out to real drivers.

I agree the wheels on the 163 diesel are a bit crap but with Jaguar's pricing you could just go with 3rd party wheels?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Aftermarket wheels on a company car could cause issues if different tyre size, dependent on how mean the company is.

MEL needs to get some MPG stats listed on the site!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Quigon,

I choose the 180ps (Prestige) because of the simple fact that I didn't like complete absence of exhaust pipes on the 163 ps version.... (and of course the more power, the better, esp. when using an auto gearbox).

Marc.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am in a similar dilemma - rather than MPG alone you need to think about the BIK and the impact of emissions also - and ultimately what this will all add up to over the term of the lease under some assumed pattern of usage and average fuel costs.

I think the 180bhp is 104 CO2 and the 163bhp is 99 - so that in itself is not going to make a massive amount of difference

What I have found in comparing on my company's leasing site is that the thing that makes more of a difference is the manual versus auto transmission, and then the trim level.

It all depends on what you monthly budget is I suppose, but I found I could get a Portfolio 163bhp manual for approx. £60 per month less that the auto, and if I changed to the 180bhp than it jumps up by a similar amount again. If you want high spec trim and a more powerful engine then ultimately you are going to have to dig deeper into your pockets, otherwise compromise on the trim to keep costs down and get the engine you want.

·
Registered
664 Posts
PS: At the mo I am considering a 163bhp manual, portfolio trim with the lightweight rims as above and a few other extras

·
Registered
20 Posts
That white looks lovely
I am getting mine as a company car
Gone for the 163 manual R -Sport in Ebony with the same wheels as on the white one in the picture, sunroof and meridian
Again I was thinking of the 180 but the price difference with my extras made me stick to the 163 - went for the R-Sport for looks to be honest
Still have yet to see a picture of what I am getting - only on the configurator, so if anyone has pics of an ebony R-sport I'd love to see them :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
For me it was auto 163 or manual 180 in same trims

The auto 163 has emissions of 106
manual 180 has emissions of 109

IMHO mpg=emissions=BIK

Auto is an expensive option probably 8% (£1800 ish) of the cars overall value so no wonder it makes the largest difference as it affects emissions and overall value which alters the BIK a fair bit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i originally went for a 163 manual prestige, but changed my order to the 163 r sport edition, i do agree the 17" wheels let the car down a bit, but everyone has a budget to live within...
roll on september!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Northern monkey said:
Tbh I've been spoilt with current 3 series that consistently knocks out 68 mpg
Efficient dynamics 320d?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Marginally more efficient than my 535d lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am a company car user and the decision was easy because I wanted the auto. Both fall into the same BIK band: 106g and 109g. The difference was less than £5 per month and I also got a bigger fuel tank and twin pipes. However, if you want 18" rims on the 180 the C02 goes up and so does the cost ... around £30 month!

If you're opting for the manual box I say go and test drive both engines. For me, engine and gearbox were the things I wasn't going to compromise. And I think the chassis deserves the best engine you can afford.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts