Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my XE 180 diesel manual Portfolio (in Odyssey Red) this week and have enjoyed every minute of it so far. I took some pictures last evening which you can see below, which I've tried to capture true to its dominate shade (it has at least 50 :D )

Plant Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

At the risk of repeating all the fine reviews on the forum to date here is a summary so far from my perspective:
1. The drive is smooth, refined, yet solid and very enjoyable, even over some of the worst stretches of roads locally! The handling is sublime.
2. The engine is not too quiet at idle and grumbles a little at first when accelerating but this dissolves into an undiesel like "whoosh-whirrr" which adds a lot to the enjoyment .. at least now I know what the guy in the Autogefuhl video was trying to explain!
3. So far its averaging 50 MPG but I haven't done any long distances yet.
4. Inside the Portfolio spec is gorgeous - personal choice I know but I wanted as little black as possible and love the effect of the Oyster interior! I've tried finding fault with the finish but can't! Except a cover for the cupholders would be nice!
5. Seats are very comfortable but I'll need a long journey to be sure.
6. Meridian Sound system is very good and reproduces a lot of detail especially high quality mp3 off a USB stick.
7. Sat Nav is excellent and the voice command system is extensive including selection of tracks, albums and artists from your media source.
8. LDW is a little oversensitive and the rumble from the steering wheel is a bit irritating when you haven't crossed any lines. However, it's very easy to switch on and off.
9. The reverse camera is very clear and useful given the rear view is quite narrow and useless when raining
10. Advanced park assist - tried it once - didn't work (as in turned in to early) so I need to find a bit of time to experiment some more!
11. Not used to the boot space yet especially with a spare wheel, and having come from a 4 x 4!
Overall I'm very impressed and a real joy :-bd I hope Jaguar can pick up the production rate so those still waiting to get theirs can get to enjoy it sooner!!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Automotive side-view mirror Car Window Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Glad you are loving the colour, I think on balance I am still glad to have gone with Italian Racing Red,
I meant to ask Quigon, is that actually Oyster? I thought Oyster was the pale grey colour. This looks more beige to me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SiblingChris said:
Glad you are loving the colour, I think on balance I am still glad to have gone with Italian Racing Red,
I meant to ask Quigon, is that actually Oyster? I thought Oyster was the pale grey colour. This looks more beige to me.
Italian racing red is a great choice for the sporty look!

Jaguar call the interior light oyster, as pale a grey you can imagine without being white. It looks greyer in the configurator. It's the same colour as the light oyster headliner.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Patpending said:
Nice looking motor :-bd I've also ordered the manual how does the gear box feel. I have only driven the auto.
Thanks! Manual gearbox does the job admirably, I can't (and never will) get anywhere near the speed and smoothness of the auto but you get a closer sense of the power available. It needs you to be accurate and confident, and I'm still getting use to it having come from driving a 4 x 4!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.