Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Although it’s a diesel, I love my car. My pride and joy.
Mine too is a diesel and I feel exactly the same as you do!
Had it just over 2 years and still grin every time I drive it! 😁

Reactions: M666URO

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
710 Posts
Mine ain’t a diesel but the feelings the same 🤣 seems like the XE attracts a certain’type’ of how does SWMBO put it ….. oh yeah “weirdo” 🤔

·
Registered
in Sandwell, West Midlands!
906 Posts
Nothing wrong with the diesels!

And a couple of nice moody pictures there too!

Welcome to the madhouse 😁

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mine ain’t a diesel but the feelings the same 🤣 seems like the XE attracts a certain’type’ of how does SWMBO put it ….. oh yeah “weirdo” 🤔
swmbo at my house love mine :D

don't mind it's diesel, but regret it's not at least 300bhp - miss 3.0ds i had.
and 18 way seats
and heated windscreen
and anti dazzle mirrors
and...think that's it :p

but the colour combo makes up for all the above. well part from engine :p

love it.

i really do:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: IvorB1H

·
Registered
273 Posts
Since the day I’ve bought it I always take a look back and stare whenever I can. Something Jaguar offers that other car brands don’t😁
couldn't agree more. prev gen xf i had - was absolute stunner, same for xe. there's something makes you feel proud to own one ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got my timing chain, turbo and intercooler done. Feels brand new and a dream to drive. Will be remapping it to 230bhp and increased torque (480Nm i think) once I’m back from holiday. Cannot wait.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just got my timing chain, turbo and intercooler done. Feels brand new and a dream to drive. Will be remapping it to 230bhp and increased torque (480Nm i think) once I’m back from holiday. Cannot wait.
any reason for doing turbo/intercooler? and what was done? changed?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes, we all love our XEs no matter what's powering it under the bonnet. One clarification from SWMBO ... "Sometimes I actually think you love that car more than me!" :)

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
710 Posts
🤣 sometimes … think … ha ! Your in the good books aren’t you my wife KNOWS I do ALWAYS 🤣🤣🤣😅 😳

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any reason for doing turbo/intercooler? and what was done? changed?
Intercooler was replaced when I first bought the car as it wasn’t working properly. Turbocharger got replaced because of oil leak and loss of power etc.

Guys while we are here, what upgrades can I do for the 20d? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
273 Posts
not much part from software, proper tune or box tune, which i got few months back - check this out. im on 238bhp now

·
Registered
273 Posts
tuning box installed, google 'tdi tuning box', it's one of many available, but regarded as one of the best on the market

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
293 Posts
Agreed. A few of us have the TDI boxes for diesel and petrol engines. They are good in my experience.

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
293 Posts
Just bought one lets see how it goes. I’ve always been afraid of these boxes/remaps damaging parts.
We've had a number of conversations here, just do a search. No one has come back and said "my car broke". Quite the opposite, in fact. I think mine is an excellent addition (although the petrol installation is more fiddly than diesel) and the TDI guys are excellent too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts