Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the petrol engines part of the new ingenious range or are they out-sourced units.

·
Registered
150 Posts
There seems to be some confusion about this! I was told by a Jaguar engineer at an op en evening at my local dealer to introduce the XE that the new petrol engine will not be available until the end of the year!! Meanwhile it would be the modified Ford unit.We will see!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I asked this question on another topic. Can anyone tell me why the 240ps is so much more expensive. Is it the same engine as the 200ps but with a different ECU or a completely different unit. I wouldn't like to think I'm paying £3000 more for a simple remap from jaguar.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Reckon it is a remap. But it also has two exhausts either side rather than together. I think it seems a lot. Having said that I had a 2.0 200 ps Scirocco followed by a 265ps Scirocco R and there was a massive amount of differnce.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Funny I'm changing from a scirocco too. I'm no boy racer but I did have it remapped and that took it in the region of 250bhp. I really liked it's drive with the extra power and that's why I'm debating going for the higher PS option. Would Jaguar be so cheeky though to charge £3000 for a different exhaust and ECU? I'm almost sure that the 240ps will be the engine used in the Evoque.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From what a dealertold me Jaguar will or are in the process of designing there own petrol engine but it will be at least 18 months before its available.But to be honest the ford unit in the ST is a very capable engine and from reviews it seems very reliable and has plenty of punch. jaguar have altered the cam shaftsbut the basic engine blockare all ford

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes, you're right. But you've got to bear in mind that Jaguar are aiming for a mass market, the USA and there, generally, they seem to prefer automatics. We, here in good old UK, are just a testing ground. You will note that the XE goes on sale in USA next year after all the bugs have been ironed out by the Europeans. If there is a demand for a manual petrol engine in the USA then we will get one here, I bet.

16/05/2015 EDIT: Totally incorrect - apparently Jaguar are targeting the UK, certainly in the first 12 months, as their main market with Europe following on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nothing to worry about and to be truthful those flappy paddle things are all v
ery nice. But you wont even bother after a few weeks playing with them.This w
ill be my third Jag I was the owner of themuch maligned xtype an XF which I
had the use of and now the xe.
Much though I love them I would still swap them all for an e type roadster series 1

1 - 20 of 29 Posts