Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
WOW. That's a well specced motor! Nice. (y)

Registered
very nice, wheels custom painted i take it?

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
Lovely. Did you match the wheels to the grey accents?
It's certainly different!

How do you find the fuel economy on the 2.0 Litre 300PS engine?
I discovered this screen the other day (took me a while!) and it tells a remarkable story for my 250PS Ingenium engine.
Car Vehicle Radio Automotive design Steering wheel

Reactions: bik3rz

Registered
wow, nice figures, what was the route?

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
M25, M11 stuff. It's pretty amazing. Of course, if I use the long legs of the car and cruise at ahem somewhat above legal then it drops a little, but I seem to recall the 47mpg was on an extended 50mph trip (endless roadworks). It was frustrating, but there was a bonus at the end of it..

I do recall that the 3.0 V6 S-Type that I so loved the sound of, and which was actually much slower than this XE, returned about 28mpg max! :oops:
Grudgingly, I have to admit that progress is sometimes good...

Registered
M25, M11 stuff. It's pretty amazing. Of course, if I use the long legs of the car and cruise at ahem somewhat above legal then it drops a little, but I seem to recall the 47mpg was on an extended 50mph trip (endless roadworks). It was frustrating, but there was a bonus at the end of it..

I do recall that the 3.0 V6 S-Type that I so loved the sound of, and which was actually much slower than this XE, returned about 28mpg max! :oops:
Grudgingly, I have to admit that progress is sometimes good...
nice, so my 44mpg on 2.0d 180bhp now, would be somewhat 35mpg in 300bhp petrol...TEMPTING:devilish:

re v6 s type - would think gearbox alone does big difference as well as 4pots vs 6

Registered
nice, so my 44mpg on 2.0d 180bhp now, would be somewhat 35mpg in 300bhp petrol...TEMPTING:devilish:
WHAT! How are you only getting 44mpg from a 180 diesel? You wearing divers boots! 馃槀馃槀

Registered
WHAT! How are you only getting 44mpg from a 180 diesel? You wearing divers boots! 馃槀馃槀
plenty of traffic + heavy right foot because of that...vicious circle really ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Nuttyspark

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lovely. Did you match the wheels to the grey accents?
It's certainly different!

How do you find the fuel economy on the 2.0 Litre 300PS engine?
I discovered this screen the other day (took me a while!) and it tells a remarkable story for my 250PS Ingenium engine.
View attachment 11980
Thanks! I bought it like this so I have no clue if the rims were custom painted or some option?!
Fuel economy depends, I will just throw some numbers from the Jaguar App.

6 KM, traffic so-so 14.3L/100 km
6 KM, traffic bad + a bit heavy foot 18L..for very short trips this can of course go to 20+
13 KM, traffic good 11L
173KM, wife on eco 8.5L
325KM, bursts of 240KM/h 11.5L

Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
Over 2500miles my P300 has an avg mpg of 27.6 best was 29.3 between fillips according to Fuelly

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
Thanks! I bought it like this so I have no clue if the rims were custom painted or some option?!
They don't look standard, but no matter, we all like our unique looks here. That's the point!

Fuel economy depends, I will just throw some numbers from the Jaguar App.
6 KM, traffic so-so 14.3L/100 km
6 KM, traffic bad + a bit heavy foot 18L..for very short trips this can of course go to 20+
13 KM, traffic good 11L
173KM, wife on eco 8.5L
325KM, bursts of 240KM/h 11.5L
With the simple conversion of 1 L/100km=282.48 UK mpg, ;) I think this is:
14.3L/100 km = 19.75 UK mpg
18L/100 km = 15.7 UK mpg
11L/100 km = 25.6 UK mpg
11.5L/100 km = 24.5 UK mpg

That does seem thirstier than the lower powered engine. Driving style will matter of course. I'll have a look at what I have in the last couple of days of very short (cold engine) runs. That will be a worst case to compare.

There's really no way to test at over 100mph (160km/h) in the UK, let alone up the limited 250km/h. That would be an instant ban, sadly. We have too many sneaky bloody cameras...:( At least in the South East.

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
Over 2500miles my P300 has an avg mpg of 27.6 best was 29.3 between fillips according to Fuelly
That seems a bit better than Sahara's. But then we have thicker fuel in the UK. Or something :D

My last 3 short (<4 miles) cold starts were far less economical, as you'd expect. 34 mpg. A worst case.
Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

So for shaving 1/2 sec off the 0-60 sprint with the extra 50 Pferde (250vs300PS), it's fair amount of fuel. Not exactly scientific though.
We can all drive much further than any silly EV, so I'm happy! I fairly regularly need to do a 320 mile round trip and I'd be buggered in most of them.

Reactions: bik3rz

Registered
in Sandwell, West Midlands!
馃槷 You do realise the loud pedal isn't an on-off switch, do you... :ROFLMAO:

Mine is averaging about 31, over 20+ k miles, with a best in the mid-40s (stuck for many miles in 50 mph roadworks)!

I have had it under 20 on short twisty blasts, though!

Registered
Exactly the same as mine over nearly 2 years and about 6500 miles. Mainly shortish journeys so that鈥檚 fine. Best I鈥檝e seen on a good run was 38

Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
Hahah yes the thing is when I do bother to go to the office (2/3 times a week at present) that鈥檚 a run I can achieve 35-38mpg on a55-m56 etc. however I have many trips to the nursery (2miles) guides (3miles lovely twisty road) and also the local Tesco when swmbo fancies a snack 馃ぃ

I like my digital input on the throttle who wants smooth analogue 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃槀 I鈥檓 a child of the 80鈥檚 so digital has been my life ;)

actually with reference to the 鈥榣oud pedal鈥 that is one aspect I鈥檓 a bit underwhelmed by it ain鈥檛 throaty / loud and what you do hear whenyou do 鈥榓ccidentally鈥 put your foot down ain鈥檛 real :( my mate has a Porsche Taycan and paid extra for the fake engine noises internally and externally and that sounds much better than my 鈥榬eal鈥 XE 馃槩 but he did pay nearly twice what I have so鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here some numbers

most of it on the autobahn. Since I am in Romania, those numbers will go up, mainly because I have short trips. I also have a Passat cc Diesel and I am doing 15k km per year using two cars, so not much.

Gadget Personal luxury car Display device Audio equipment Multimedia
Gadget Display device Font Personal luxury car Auto part
Gadget Personal luxury car Display device Audio equipment Multimedia

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
Reactions: sahara

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, it is. Luckily I also have heated rear seats. Unluckily what I miss from my previous A5 are the memory seats, ACC and active lane assist. ACC was pretty great. Do you know what that helmet symbol is in the photo?

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
...you lost me there completely... which photo?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts