Jaguar XE Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,570 Posts
The "Helmet" logo in the lower part of the screen was as far as I can remember meaning "Dynamic" settings as in the car had dynamic suspension (Magnaride) and it was to access the settings for adaptive dynamics if fitted.
It was down to the software version of the Incontrol Pro system and was replaced by a chequered flag and spanner logo.
That car is way behind on software updates if it still has the helmet logo.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sahara,

I, for one, immediately noticed your steering wheel is on the proper side of the vehicle :)

Many happy miles/kilometers to you!

Reactions: sahara

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
219 Posts
I stumbled across this recent review of XF (AWD). Seems the low mpg is something to do with the higher powered engine and AWD. I am not sure EVO is a good source of motoring journalism, however. Its articles have rarely given me much insight...

"P250 models don’t seem too compromised on paper, rated at 35-31mpg, but the P300, with its bigger outputs and all-wheel drive drops this down to 32-30mpg. In the real world, our experience with the latter powertrain delivered some quite shocking results however, barely troubling the low 20mpg mark on a combination of motorway and fast A-roads. For comparison, on an identical road loop, an F Pace powered by a 394bhp straight-six petrol averaged similar numbers. "

Jaguar XF MPG and Running Costs | evo

I must say the the arse end of this white XF (sans exhausts and pretending to be 'electric') looks completely fugly to me. Really bad. Ugh.

Anyway, all the P300 XE drivers here have got much the better deal.

Reactions: First Jag-g-g

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think I remember reading the XE AWD is biased as 90% rear but can go as much as 50/50 front/rear when needed in Snow/Rain mode. Someone may have the actual official JLR link with details

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
647 Posts
Funny you should ask mines the p300!so might be a bit different but I was driving with the ASI graphic on today and it’s pretty much constant to the rear and then uses 50/50 fwd/rwd when setting off as you get up to speed it then puts all the power to the rear

·
Registered
in Sandwell, West Midlands!
887 Posts
According to the brochure for mine, it can go 100% FWD if needed!

See page 32 - I'm not totally sure I believe it, though 😁

Like IvorB1H, I haven't seen mine go past 50/50, but when it is most likely to go past that, I'm paying more attention to the road....

Attachments

Reactions: IvorB1H

·
Registered
Bedfordshire
417 Posts
Gojira,
it might get to 100% when using the ASPC driving on slippery surfaces like snow etc.

·
Registered
in Sandwell, West Midlands!
887 Posts
Quite possibly, but the only times I've driven it in the snow I was having too much fun to watch the AWD display, and it wasn't pointing in quite the direction I was travelling in, in a very RWD fashion 😁

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Another question. Is it me or this car has more stuff that does the same? Like what is the difference when activating ASPC, rain/ice/snow mode and low friction mode?
What to use when? :D

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
647 Posts
My understanding is that the low friction is like a low speed cruise control to assist descending or setting off on very slippery surfaces - the rain/ice/snow mode is a driving mode that changes throttle / gear mapping for general driving

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,570 Posts
It's probably an oxygen sensor on the exhaust that needs changing.
Not an uncommon thing with the XE.

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,570 Posts
I've not heard of this on the P300 I4 engine? Have you got inside information on this one or info from a Land Rover forum?
The O2 sensors have been a common cause of the amber engine light across a variety of engine versions.
I had one go on a V6 and there have been a others with failures on the ingenium engines.
P200, P250 and P300 - they can all be susceptible and a diagnostic will check if it is the O2 sensor and which one.
Luckily it's a relatively quick fix.
No inside information but 7 years experience on here and the Evoque forums where they also go from time to time.
The manual identifies it as "an emissions related fault" so the O2 sensors are the first port of call on having the light come on.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts