Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got a call today from Jag to say my car is provisionally booked for delivery to me 24th July.

As my car is being delivered from Coventry and it's over the 20 mile delivery drive limit they are bringing it on a low loader (no doubt a trailer). Because the low loaders are booked 7 days in advance they assured me they would contact me by 12th July (Sunday?) to confirm as it could be up to one week earlier than currently stated.

If this is the actual delivery date then it is an improvement on the 28th July that I was originally given when my order was confirmed on 19th March this year.

Car is ordered through Leaseplan (Company car) so not sure if this helps with timings as I have seen lots on here with longer waiting times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tobes
My car was ordered last Dec and originally due in May but first deliveries were end of June so no idea why they ever thought May was possible. My car is now built but no one knows exact whereabouts so the dealer cannot give me an exact date. As my company only accepts cars up to 8th of each month I may now have to wait another month. By the way it was ordered through Leaseplan.
R sport 200 in black metallic,black kit, black matrix wheels,sunroof,red interior with winter kit

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why don't they use the app to find it?.......

Mines a diesel so might explain the better questimate on delivery date, unless they lose it of course.

This is my first leaseplan car, been a private motorist for 18 years now.

I hope they get yours sorted swiftly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dealer was saying they were going to transport it Friday, then it was today, now maybe tomorrow. Car then needs delivering from Plymouth to Derbyshire so outside chance it will be Wednesday afternoon otherwise a wait until I Return from holiday 10th August and will have paid 10 days worth of lease for nothing!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm with LeaseDrive (used to be called MasterLease) rather than LeasePlan. I find that generally speaking delays in the admin of this are between the leasing company and my own company's purchasing teams getting everything fully authorised and making sure it adheres to corporate policy.

I've been give a date that is quite a way out now 2nd November, with delivery only a week after that. Considering the usual dealer prep, plus whatever the leasing plan dictate like branded number plates and what have you, organising getting it to me in South Derbyshire from the dealer in Leeds I don't think that's too bad tbh.

I have to remind myself I'm not actually buying anything here so hold little or no power at all., but that won't stop me ringing up the account manager or the dealer direct if I have to. But they are all as much a slave to the process and build times at the factory as I am.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SiblingChris said:
I have to remind myself I'm not actually buying anything here so hold little or no power at all., but that won't stop me ringing up the account manager or the dealer direct if I have to. But they are all as much a slave to the process and build times at the factory as I am.
A free car ☺

·
Registered
664 Posts
tobes said:
SiblingChris said:
A free car ☺
LOL. I wish! You know what I mean the leasing company actually owns the vehicle and purchases it, the company gives me an allowance which I can top up, then the tax man takes the BIK into account. But at the end of the day I am legally just the designated driver :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
tobes said:
Well got a call today from Jag to say my car is provisionally booked for delivery to me 24th July.

As my car is being delivered from Coventry and it's over the 20 mile delivery drive limit they are bringing it on a low loader (no doubt a trailer). Because the low loaders are booked 7 days in advance they assured me they would contact me by 12th July (Sunday?) to confirm as it could be up to one week earlier than currently stated.

If this is the actual delivery date then it is an improvement on the 28th July that I was originally given when my order was confirmed on 19th March this year.

Car is ordered through Leaseplan (Company car) so not sure if this helps with timings as I have seen lots on here with longer waiting times.
Interesting that you have it from Coventry - is that the dealership in Coventry? I was told by them that there is an issue with their IT link with JLR which was stopping visibility of build status and stopping them calling cars forward...hopefully that is no longer the case.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheGuvnor said:
tobes said:

Interesting that you have it from Coventry - is that the dealership in Coventry? I was told by them that there is an issue with their IT link with JLR which was stopping visibility of build status and stopping them calling cars forward...hopefully that is no longer the case.
Mine was literally updated today 6th July. So its either fixed or mine was done before the issue and no one called me.

I believe my supplying dealer is Sytner but all emails have gone through Vicky Knight at Guy Salmon. I think.

Sibling chris found out today my £60 a month contribution will come straight off of my tax bill so I will be paying even less than I thought.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Blimey tobes! Either your company make a massive contribution compared to mine or you need to consider the tax still. It's costing me a heck of a lot more a month. Mind you I've added quite a bit to a portfolio trim. Our leases ar fully maintained not a penny to pay for anything else so that could be one difference I suppose.
, having said that the "allowance" hasnt changed for at least 9 years, so that's pretty rubbish of the company I work for tbh!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear.

I have to pay company car tax.
Company set a scheme up through salary sacrifice etc etc where we pay a monthly amount. I thought it was in addition to the tax but turns out it offsets against it so in turn reduces the amount of tax.

Car is fully expensed by company.

Do lose car allowance but my car is 101g co2 over their limit. Green allowance offered but already get travel paid so would of lost out.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car delivered to dealer today. Confirmed delivery to me for 31st July. They offered 30th July but fir sake of a day I'd rather 'work' from home on a Friday. ☺

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.