Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any experience or views on the adaptive dampers? Have specced on my 180D R Sport as I went for 19" wheels and was worried it may compromise the ride quality. I test drove an R Sport on 18's and it was very good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Adaptive dampers are on of the few options I'm still hesitating about.

I did actually test-drive two XE R-Sport with sport suspensions (passive) and 19" rims though, and I can say that it is a firm ride, but still very comfortable even on damaged roads. The ride is more confortable than on a Mercedes C Class specced with the AMG line (sport suspensions and 18" rims).

Reviews on the web are most of the time saying that the adaptive dampers aren't necessary. But then some reviewers are saying the ride's even better with those, and on the contrary some other reviewers are suggesting to avoid them because they had the impression of a less "accurate" ride with those.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the dilemma I was having. I've specced them so nothing I can do now was just wanting to validate my decision as as you say the reviews are not consistent!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, I wouldn't mind if I was you. I'm quite sure you'll be more than happy with them.

In my case, I didn't order yet, so I'm still hesitating whether I should spec them or not, but the dilemna is purely financial - if budget was unlimited, I definitely would spec them.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
As they are standard on the s I doubt they will upset the performance of the setup.. Maybe an unnecessary option in some eyes but they're not paying for it!

Are you sure it's too late to change the spec Lee?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think I want to change the spec! Just wondering what people's views were. I'm not worried it will ruin the ride just wondering if any general improvement justifies the cost. I've specced quite a lot on the car, a lot of which is just pure indulgence and not needed!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Totally agree. I had a promotion the day before I ordered the car so decided to
Indulge way more than I had originally planned resulting in 1% guilt, 99% excitement!

·
Registered
67 Posts
By the way, does anyone know if the adaptive dampers react to the driving mode selected (ie. Sport, Eco, Normal, Winter) or is it working separately on its own?
Reviews and manuals aren't very clear about this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
180 R Sport, 19" venoms, glacier white, black pack, black wing mirrors, red jet zone interior, heated wheel, meridian, panoramic pack, folding mirrors, parking pack plus, power boot lid, adaptive dynamics, illuminated sill finishers, ambient lighting and I may purchase a jaguar air freshener.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep £37.50 and 3 days of freshness guaranteed. If you order now you'll have it in time for Christmas

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Think adding the airfreshner is a little to extravagant Lee....lol

I've added electric seats/mirrors parking pack and meridian...wish I would have had the venous but I can live with the standard 18"...hopefully

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 18's are nice. I'm at a transitional stage in life where I want the comfort and luxury in a car now but can't quite let go of the younger bad boy in me so still need big wheels, big stereo etc

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure I won't be. Only disappointment so far is the long order time

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.