Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Lol. At 18000 miles per year the dealer reckoned I'd go between services without needing it......will be interesting to hear what the reality is.

·
Registered
664 Posts
What does the tank take?

·
Registered
140 Posts
9 in the 163 And 17 litres in the 180. Manual says "the Message centre will display a distance countdown, when the DEF level becomes too low." Wonder where the countdown starts?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Weird that the 163 would have a smaller adblue tank...does that mean it's got a bit more boot space? Presumably they did it for weight....I guess the dealer who told me I should go between services was thinking of the larger tanked 180

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tank doesn't seem to be in the boot space only the filler cap and pipe. Guess the 163 uses less DEF per mile but nearly twice the capacity seems a lot relative to the performance difference. Maybe that's why there's no 220 bi turbo diesel yet as the DEF tank would take up half the boot space!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I asked my dealer, who told me they didn't know exactly yet, because they didn't have any car with AdBlue until now... :D

Though he told me that the AdBlue was taken in charge by Jaguar during the first 3 years of Jaguar Care, so you at least don't have to pay for it until the warranty's over.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was talking to a high level emissions consultant the other day. She said 'car manufacturers don't use enough AdBlue for it to do much good as they don't think they can rely on owners to refill it when necessary. Therefore they have it set to use such a low dose each time, it's almost a waste of time'. Her words, not mine. Just thought I'd pass them on given the topic.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't know if this is true or not but I was told that it is made using pig urine.....

·
Registered
597 Posts
:D I wonder if there will be a Kosher diesel version if it's true

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.