Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added some sport pedal covers today. Found them on Ebay, sold by Hatfields. £83 with delivery vs. £126 list. A bit fiddly to fit but pleased with the result.

View attachment 47

Rectangle Font Packaging and labeling Beige Handwriting

Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
I was wondering about getting these" but with the auto you're going to end up with one spare and I don't think there is equivalent for the foot rest plate, so to me seemed a bit pointless. What do you think of them in the flesh?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I hadn't thought about the rest plate. They look better than the plastic standard ones. There is no spare cover, there are two options, auto or manual. I am happy with them. My wife said they are a waste of money. Not exactly essential but nice nonetheless.

·
Registered
664 Posts
wouldn't be surprised if we eventually are able to get a metal foot rest, even if its not OEM ...when I said "spare" I meant spare because you have the auto and not manual, so you don't need the clutch pedal :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
SiblingChris said:
wouldn't be surprised if we eventually are able to get a metal foot rest, even if its not OEM ...when I said "spare" I meant spare because you have the auto and not manual, so you don't need the clutch pedal :)
They are separate kits... Imagine of the manual brake pedal was that big?!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ahhhh...ok..me being daft, I thought there were 3 in the box!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just sent hatfields a message asking for price on manual pedals and they said 80+vat. I wonder if I should ask if they would do a group deal for the forum. Any one else interested?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Mmmmmm....possibly, depend on price. Given what was said above they would have to be a really keen price, I.e. Quite a bit less than 80 quid! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree. The jaguar price fitted is £125 inc vat so they are not much cheaper at 80 +vat from hatfields and then you have to fit them yourself....
I will see if he will do a deal

·
Registered
664 Posts
There doesn't seem an awful lot of interest in the thread.....but then I don't have a car yet and maybe I should butt out too! If you are asking me to state a price I'd start at £0 in lieu of all the JLR delays and misinformation...... ;)

I would normally expect him to give you the price assuming you take X number of units......then we would have to commit to buy. I assume he'll want the lot paid for in one go, so are you being the middleman? How would it work?

·
Registered
664 Posts
well there isn't much to compare with, the only other options are rather cheap and unattractive albeit solid looking that I spotted on e-bay
What is the RRP again? If he is doing them currently at 80 plus delivery, would it be cheeky to suggest £60?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
List prices in the accessories brochure are £125 for the manual (T2H3747) and £107 for the automatic (T2H3746).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread but for anyone that is thinking about fitting these pedal covers I'd just say that it's not difficult. I did mine this morning and it took about 20 minutes most of which was spent cursing trying to pull the rubber edging around the bare brake pedal. Finger ends a bit sore now but I saved quite a bit by DIYing it. Now all I need is a cover for the footrest!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.