Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the advanced parking pack and how do they find it ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, just got car today and tried a parrallel park which worked very well, really nice bit of parking. Dealer warned me that you need to have faith that it knows what it is doing :D .
What i would say is you naturally look at main screen, but you really need to folow instruction on centre dash for when to select R and then D and you control brake but keep your hands of the steering wheel.
I have to say it is pretty cool. :-bd
Might try a perpendicular park tomorrow

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
When you say you have to control the brake, does it not know when to stop otherwise?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have no idea and would not want to try without, but I think all systems leave driver in control of pedals and just does the steering. With the display and beeping it is actually quite natural to use the brake at correct time.
Just had quick look at manual, driver needs to maintain control of accelerator and brake during manoeuvre and follow instruction on message centre - which does seem a bit clunky but actually it was quite natural to do once you accepted you do not touch the steering - if you do touch steering it overrides the auto function and you are in control again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.