Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
Just about to place an order for the XE.
The model we have seen is the R-sport.
In the coming weeks hopefully a few of the others should be available to view.

My problem is that would the car look odd on 17" wheels?(163D is the most likely engine for us)

For those that have seen for themselves I would really appreciate your opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Personally no i dont think it will look odd but if your questioning the wheels im guessing you dont really like them so i would jump to the 180ps diesel these are the ones you can test drive atm which is very good plus the difference in price is only £700 and as a rule £1000 is roughly £15-25 a month more depending on apr etc and if you look carefully at the prices if you spec anything on the lower models it cost more than if you just upgraded to the next engine/trim.
The 163ps makes sense for the tax and running costs but tbh the 180ps wont be that much more per year but buy the one you will be happy with and wont look at 6 months down the line thinking i should have changed that if you know what i mean.
I was originally looking at the 240ps petrol r sport but by the time i had configured it to how i wanted it was only 3k off the price of the XES so i bought the S instead :-bd

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:ymapplause: Lucky you...even on YouTube the s sounds amazing. :x
I was told today by perry's that the 180 was £1500 more lol

I need to see the 163!!! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
as you can see the 163 manual is £32325 and the manual 180 is £33025 so theres not much in it tbh you still get leather interior just a bit more power and youre able to spec it a little nicer and thank you i cannot wait to get my XES im sure there will be tons of photos up as soon as they are delivered :) and i have been told eventually they will have the 180ps diesel the 200ps petrol and the 3.0 v6 to test drive the 163ps was only made to keep to the pollution targets for JLR.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What colour did you get?

My other half fell in love with the car today,our first visit to a jag dealer...and believe me that she has no interest in cars!! :))

She is going to pick the colour but as usual can't decide.. :D

I have no option other than a pcp,and need to keep the payments down,however I can order for next year with a small deposit..giving me time to save the extra for the 180 if the 17" don't look right.
The options I want on the R sport are parking sensors and memory pack with electric seats.

Originally I was looking at BMW and audi but I'm so impressed with the jag -what comes as standard and of course the price...alot of car for the cost. B-)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I actually haven't put up the spec i have bought so here goes :)

XES
Italian racing red
Red/black suede interior
20" propeller alloys
Rear privacy glass
black front grille
black side vents
black mirror caps
and to top it off my number plate is EV11 JAG

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dale, Nice choice; are your mirror caps carbon fibre? Also curious, your reg - what does EV11 stand for?

gsb, I don't think anybody would notice the difference between 17" and 18" unless they were parked side by side. I can't imagine Jaguar putting "odd looking tyre" on their star car! The overall tyre diameter will, I'm sure, be the same for both diameters otherwise changing the rolling radius of the wheel means Jaguar would have to recalibrate the speedo for each diameter option.

Other things you might want to consider; unless you're going to use your car on track days, you wont experience any difference on UK roads, perhaps the 17" may give increased comfort. Also 18" tyres tend to cost more to replace than 17" and damage by kerbing wouldn't occur so often.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes brill, looks really good - bet you can't wait to get them on your XES. Is it a new reg. or will you transfer from an existing car?

I trust your dealer is giving you a discount for supplying your own plates. The list price includes supply and fix reg. plates.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Guys I also went for the XE S Italian red with the Black pack but wasn`t aware that the price includes the supply and fix Reg plates. What discount should I be looking at?

I also went for the black seats but would of been nice to have the red stitches rather than white.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Njco, when I ordered my car that was part of the discussion. After all delivery charge of £515, Road fund licence £495 is included in the list price as is first reg. fee £55 so my theory plates and fixing MUST also be included and is so in my case.

I'd take it up with your dealer after all, we are paying a premium price, so expect a premium service and any discount can go towards other 'goodies' on the car

Pity, Red stitching would have gone well with your colour choices.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes its a new reg i bought it a few months ago its just on retainer atm it will be on the car when i pick it up though and them plates were free when i bought the plate, jag are going to do me some more and put them on :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the reply I am in the process of getting the V750 to them tomorrow and I think my plates should arrive within 10 days. Maybe send everything together and see if they can fit them on for me.

Do you guys have a delivery date yet?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.