Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my XE for just over a month now and I really love it.

That said, as is always the case, a few weeks gives you a chance to notice things that wouldn't be apparent if you just had the car for a day.

The first very slight niggle I have is that the incoming volume on the phone (ie listening to people talk) is really quiet, especially above 70mph. I have been into the stereo and systems controls and turned everything up to max, but it is still quite difficult to hear some people talking. This is strange as the phone volume is set at max (30) and I can barely hear it, whilst the stereo is really loud at 1/4 volume (8 out of a max if 30), so obviously there is the capacity for more sound! Wondering if anyone else has found the same?

The second phone related issue is a little more light hearted!

My dealer took great delight in telling me about the specific phone storage area in front of the gear knob, under the climate controls, which is a perfect fit for your phone. Whilst I agree that the principal is great, I've found that when my phone is out there it kills most if the signal, especially in poor signal areas. When you might normally have 2 bars of signal, putting it in the phone storage area makes it loose signal completely.

I thought I was going mad, but have spent the last few days with the phone in the cup holder and it has solved it! I wonder if all of the electronics in the dash are playing havoc with the signal? I therefore have a phone holder that can't hold a phone!

And before you smart [email protected]@s claim that it's my old age and hearing, I'll point out that I'm only 32! :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Make sure once your phones connected you then turn up the call volume on your mobile.
If that doesn't sort it you could try up pairing via bluetooth settings, turn off bluetooth then turn it back on and reconnect/pair, go to settings for the connected device (car) on your phone and make sure both media audio and call audio are both checked.

Also,there are bt volume booster apps on the play store..don't know if they are any good though!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go into a call, when in a call turn the volume up using the volume control knob on the stereo. It turns the call volume up rather than stereo music.

Same for satnav: turn volume control at the very second that the satnav speaks.

The volume bar on the screen is then a different colour from the colour it is when controlling the stereo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.