Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body any views or experience of Alloy wheel protectors ?

How durable are they ?
How easy is it to replace a tyre on a rim with protectors in place ?

There seems to be mixed reports on the web. So your experiences would be welcomed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Never seen or used them but my alloy insurance from the dealer was only £149'for 3 years and 18 repairs and covered diamond turned Venom's so happy with that. I'll probably wait until near trade in time and get them minted before chopping it in for the next Jag...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had Alloygators fitted last week £59.94 plus a further £40 plus VAT fitting charge. They protrude slightly from the rims. I shall report on their performance as and when.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Tatraplan said:
I had Alloygators fitted last week £59.94 plus a further £40 plus VAT fitting charge. They protrude slightly from the rims. I shall report on their performance as and when.
Thanks for that. Would be interested to hear. Looking to fit them on my wife's new car which have highly glossed black alloys. May look at getting them on the XE if they appear to do the job.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Did you go for silver alloygaters to make the wheels look bigger or a more discreet black? As I have ordered the 163 with 17" rims I'm tempted with the silver but not sure how closely they will match the alloy colour

·
Registered
664 Posts
Tatraplan said:
The Alloygators that I had fitted were silver grey. They make the wheels about 14mm larger on 17" Crux wheels.
Any pics? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts