Jaguar XE Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Just a point here that my heated screens activate automatically dependant on ambient temp. They can also be switched in manually.
Heated mirrors? - or do you mean front and rear screen?

·
Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
1,518 Posts
All, mirrors and screen and rear window, when it's very cold or frosty. The screen and rear window can also be switched on as required or after the original timed auto switch on has completed but needs a bit extra. They can also be overidden to switch them off after a short time. All to suit as required. The auto on facility is initiated when using the remote start on cold days. The mirrors are auto on or off and are not manually heated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
All, mirrors and screen and rear window, when it's very cold or frosty. The screen and rear window can also be switched on as required or after the original timed auto switch on has completed but needs a bit extra. They can also be overidden to switch them off after a short time. All to suit as required. The auto on facility is initiated when using the remote start on cold days. The mirrors are auto on or off and are not manually heated.
Ah, got it FP. In fact I think that's all quite normal these days. Thanks for clarification.

The only outstanding issue I have is how can you tell if my (prospective) car has the "dimming" door mirrors? It does have Powerfold Mirrors.

·
Administrator
South Bucks
7,623 Posts
The only outstanding issue I have is how can you tell if my (prospective) car has the "dimming" door mirrors? It does have Powerfold Mirrors.
On the pre-facelift cars it came as part of a pack.
Powerfold mirrors with auto dipping was around £250 as far as I recall.
I had to spec it on both of mine.
As I mentioned earlier, the small oval sensor at the bottom of the internal mirror is the clue to the dipping external mirors.
When you have a look at the car ask to see the build sheet/specs as it should have the details on there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
As I mentioned earlier, the small oval sensor at the bottom of the internal mirror is the clue to the dipping external mirors.
When you have a look at the car ask to see the build sheet/specs as it should have the details on there.
Yep, got that about the interior mirror - same on all of my Fords for the past umpteen years.
It's a small dealer and I'm sure he won't have the build sheet - unless the initial order is in the history file. He gets back from holiday tomorrow and I have a few Q's for him before I go to look at the car next week. It's a bit of a treck for me so I'll probably include a night away and go sightseeing somewhere with SWMBO.
Thanks again for all your help - Great Forum! :)(y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
On the pre-facelift cars it came as part of a pack.
Powerfold mirrors with auto dipping was around £250 as far as I recall.
I had to spec it on both of mine.
Hi Phil, believe it or not the dealer was able to get the build spec sheet! Yes it has Powerfold Mirrors (but no mention of auto-dipping?). I can confirm there is the small oval sensor on the interior mirror - but at the top (like in my Focus). Anyhow - I bought the car and chopped in my Focus mainly because I didn't want the hassle of returning to collect it. It took us 3 hours to do the 60 mile journey back - dreaded M25 up to the Dartford Tunnel - then there was an accident/crash on the A12 on our route home. Taken at ease in the XE with aircon functioning well - and the stop/start works - although it's reluctant to stay stopped for long.
Thanks again to you and all others for help and assistance. (y):)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts