Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have a Jaguar XE with an 8in Touch Control System you can upgrade this to a 10.2” Android System that does wireless Apple Car Play and wireless Android Auto.

I bought an Android System with Android 11 and it is fantastic looks very stock and everything works including steering wheel controls.

Tablet computer Output device Communication Device Lighting Portable communications device

Gadget Communication Device Portable communications device Electronic device Multimedia

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Sky

If you have any questions you want me to answer let me know and I will try help you as much as I can.

You can purchase this item from:

Android Screen Unit

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Doesn't look very integrated into the car though 😆😆

·
Registered
16 Posts
How much was it? Is it easy to fit? Really fancy one of these.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does it work with the factory installed cameras, and can you go back to the factory menu? Can you provide a link to the sellers website please?
It does work with the factory camera what happens is when you select reverse gear it automatically switches over to your cars original menu, with the original buttons on the touchscreen, then when you go back into drive it automatically switches over to android seamlessly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is the sound quality like on these?
As the original system is still present you can adjust the original sound settings. However it does come with its own equaliser and apparently DSP but I'm not sure about that. The sound quality is okay. Not much different from the original system but you can tinker with it using the equaliser.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you still control heated seats and airfow with this?
Yes as the original menu is still present, if you look at the picture above there is a small car icon on the left hand side pressing this will automatically switch you over to the original system, just with touchscreen buttons instead of physical ones and from there you can control the heated seats if you wish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have a Jaguar XE with an 8in Touch Control System you can upgrade this to a 10.2” Android System that does wireless Apple Car Play and wireless Android Auto.

I bought an Android System with Android 11 and it is fantastic looks very stock and everything works including steering wheel controls.

View attachment 12403
View attachment 12404

View attachment 12407

If you have any questions you want me to answer let me know and I will try help you as much as I can.

Edit: As there has been a lot of interest in this unit I am trying to work with the seller to get bulk prices. Will keep you updated.

Maybe any update where to get this unit???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts