Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Thought I'd finally register after putting down my deposit tonight on an XE R-Sport.

At 27 it's finally time for me to move up a class from the 'hot hatches' and feel the XE is the right car for it.

Ordered the following spec:

XE R-port 2.0 [180 Diesel]
Ammonite Grey
19" Black Venom Alloys (Hope these compliment the colour......)
Black Pack

Really cant wait now - hoping to get a build date at the end of the week and the countdown can begin! :-bd

Lee.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

As I associate "hot hatch" with high performance petrol engines, wondered if this is your first diesel or have you had one before?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quigon said:
Welcome to the forum!

As I associate "hot hatch" with high performance petrol engines, wondered if this is your first diesel or have you had one before?
Cheers Quigon.

This is my first diesel, my last three cars have been a Civic Type-R, RenaultSport Megane 265 and a Peugeot 208 GTI - so this will be a slight culture shock I would imagine....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its not too bad although petrol sounds much better IMHO (and smells nicer too!). I changed from a 2.5 V6 petrol X-type to a 2.2 diesel X-type some years ago and have had a diesel ever since. Main reason for change was for towing a caravan, but that didn't last long! Whilst the V6 was quicker 0-60, the diesel was seriously quicker from 50-70 mph. Looks like the 180 XE is quicker 0-60 than the old 2.2d in the x-type but my impression from the test drive was that it's also much smoother and delivers the power over a broader rev range.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks sunny in Sunderland in that photo, and got your yacht in the pic too!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harry said:
Looks sunny in Sunderland in that photo, and got your yacht in the pic too!
I tried to hide my yacht on the picture - typical lifestyle up here in Sunderland, man! B-)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, had the phone call today the motor is ready to pick up Friday......

GET IN!! :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
L9EEW said:

Must be RSport ammonite Friday. Mines same day

·
Registered
799 Posts
L9EEW said:
tobes said:
L9EEW said:

Must be RSport ammonite Friday. Mines same day
Enjoy tomorrow tobes, mate. :-bd
Hey you too L9EEW

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The day has finally came, and I'm in love.

I'll end my thread with huge thanks to Chris Thompson at Stratstone Houghton-le-Spring who's been awesome throughout. Chris, if you're reading, you've made me a very happy man mate!!

Here's to years of enjoyment with the Cat!!!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.