Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
This reads like a pretty even handed and fair review to me and pretty well matches my experiences (as far as it goes) of each of these cars. The trump card for me being it is designed and built in the UK. Well done JLR.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No, no straight poor/bad reviews.

But, now the big bang of the introduction is over, journalists are getting more critical. Several magazines state that the interior and the infotainment systems are of a lesser quality than the German Premium Three.

And I have to agree that they seem to be right. Just watch the 40 minute video of Autogefuhl. The leather seats of the Portfolio are not up to the German standards. And the handles to flatten the rear seats are unacceptable (they cost 500,- Euro's in The Netherlands...)

But the looks and the drive will have to make the difference. And to me they do (okay, I cannot judge the driving till now).

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suspect that in time more journalists will come up with more critical reviews but that's the same for everything that's been around a while.

In defence of Jaguar, maybe that Portfolio was an early model and the production models will have a better finish. I'd like to think that their quality control process would pick up such poor stitching.

The handles in the boot really are a sad let down but I don't expect to see an improvement any time soon (they cost £400.00 in the UK).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.