Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone else get that same sense of disappointment when you look at the topic number next to the 'Members Gallery' and realise that it hasn't gone up since the last time you checked (about 20 minutes ago usually), and therefore you can't, in that moment, lessen the torture of waiting for your own car to arrive by coveting someone else's new arrival?.........If it's just me I'll get some help :-S

·
Registered
68 Posts
Haha! I was with you, but mine arrived today...I'm waiting to get some good shots of it then I'll post them...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phew...glad to hear it. I look forward to viewing your pics with much envy!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Absolutely....often I find I'm viewing new entries before I get the email notification... Angry dad's just left a nice review a week into owning his new cat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
rivero said:
So does anyone else get that same sense of disappointment when you look at the topic number next to the 'Members Gallery' and realise that it hasn't gone up since the last time you checked (about 20 minutes ago usually), and therefore you can't, in that moment, lessen the torture of waiting for your own car to arrive by coveting someone else's new arrival?.........If it's just me I'll get some help :-S
Yes, I know that feeling. This forum is very addictive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It really is addictive. My impatience is worsened by the fact that I still haven't seen one in real life...at all! I find myself hating every XF that passes for not being an XE.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Travelled from glasgow to eastbourne and back recently by car and never saw a single one on the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got my hellfire blue less than two weeks ago, and guess what,mound another on less than half a mile away from where I live! So much for scarce!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had mine since Saturday 18th, though on Mon/Tue/Wed it was in being detailed with ceramic sealant, so I only got it back late Wednesday.

So far, I haven't seen a single XE anywhere other than those at my local dealership. I'm in the Buckinghamshire / Bedfordshire area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I go through a similar scenario with XF's every day, spotting one in the distance and wondering if it my be a XE only to discover when it gets close its not! Initially disappointed when I discover its true identity but then the smile kicks in with the realisation of how relatively rare the XE still is!
I hope that exclusity is still there when I take delivery of mine in just over a month!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Plymoutian can you post some pics when you get your car back? Just started investigating detailing and would be great to see your cat as I have ordered the same colour :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I actually got it back on Wednesday from Auto Wax Works who did the ceramic sealant for me. The pics I posted earlier were from Wednesday. I'm happy to post more though :)

If you're looking into detailing, I would say it's worth getting a professional to do it. If I had the spare time and the patience, I wouldn't mind learning to do it myself. But I know what I'm like with DIY... one time I painted the ceiling in my bedroom and for months afterwards I kept finding patches I missed. So I got a proper painter in... :D

I've never had a red car before and I wasn't sure I'd made the right decision when I placed the order, but Italian Racing Red is just stunning and I am very pleased with the choice!

·
Registered
107 Posts
The pics I posted are in the Members' Gallery by the way.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Plymothian said:
I actually got it back on Wednesday from Auto Wax Works who did the ceramic sealant for me. The pics I posted earlier were from Wednesday. I'm happy to post more though :)

If you're looking into detailing, I would say it's worth getting a professional to do it. If I had the spare time and the patience, I wouldn't mind learning to do it myself. But I know what I'm like with DIY... one time I painted the ceiling in my bedroom and for months afterwards I kept finding patches I missed. So I got a proper painter in... :D

I've never had a red car before and I wasn't sure I'd made the right decision when I placed the order, but Italian Racing Red is just stunning and I am very pleased with the choice!
To highlight now you've had the car prof detailed that's only the start !

You've got to look after its now or you'll very quickly ruin the finish you just paid a lot of money for.

Only ever hand wash the car and never use the 'polish £3' hand washes.

Use a jet wash to get rid of most the dirt before you actual touch the paintwork with anything

Use the two bucket method (one bucket with grit guard to rinse dirty mitt in one with clean water)

Buy a good wash mitt, do not use a sponge. A sponge holds the dirt / grit on the surface and terrible for inflicting swirls

Wash wheels first (using sepetate stuff) then wash the top part of the car first, middle section second and lower section last. Some recommend had a differently mitt for lower sections.

Prewashes like snowfoaming help to lift stuck on dirt before touching the paint, particularly in winter months.

Invest in decent drying towel, do not use a chamois leather

Detailing itself isn't that difficult honestly. Spend a bit of time looking on Detailing World for advice, but be prepared to get addicted and spend a fortune on this new hobby !!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Wolverine said:
Here u go guys mine came today, hope this keeps u going during the painfully and never ending waiting period!
Lovely black cat... :D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
As alfa says,a safe wash routine isn't that difficult. It is a bit time consuming but you do get hands on up close to your cats lovely lines :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
@ Alfa - I've been having cars detailed for a few years now. I know the rules, but just don't trust myself!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the info guys apriciated :-bd

1 - 20 of 24 Posts