Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse the ignorance - maybe a noob question - but I can't figure this out.

Anyone know what these are?

This is behind the wheel on the left side. You can see some foam around the side which looks cut-away. I am not sure if the foam was mean to go across the whole surface and its a defect. Inside I can see what looks like a copper wire stretched across a plastic strip
Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior Gas

This control is at the bottom of the dash to the right. The symbol indicates something with the dials - and the little knob pops out when pressed and can be rotated. But when I do I dont see any changes with the dials - and can't figure out what it does?

Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Alloy wheel Grey

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rob. Thats what I thought for the dials - and tried it at night - but can see any change in brightness. Maybe a fault.

No idea on the other one. Climate control makes as much sense as anything! I thought maybe a speaker (have Meridian) but checked and they are all on the flanks and not in that position.

·
Registered
140 Posts
And the dial is ambient / instrument light level. Only works when external lights are on and it's "digital" so the change in light steps slowly through different levels as you turn it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Just checked and yep light level changed. Think I didn't do it when it was dark enough before to notice.

Thanks as well Johnny. Climate sensor makes sense.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Climate Control sensor was my first thought but surely there should be one for the passenger side as well as it is supposed to be a split system (I think). Also, I vaguely recall something about separate controls for the rear seats - if that's true, there should be something similar in the back, as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts