Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I can't be bothered to read round all his terrible destruction of the English language to actually arrive at his verdict if I am being honest....I know some people like that - fair enough, So what is his verdict?

·
Registered
799 Posts
He hates it. In normal mode. Loves it in sport mode.

On sport mode he says better than any german.

Says if you are waiting for a V8 pretend M3 then to buy an M3.

Doesn't think much of the current petrol engines.

But overall it's a good review

PS Google is a wonderful thing

·
Registered
664 Posts
thanks tobes :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
PROS
Looks great
More refined than anything from Germany
Sublime ride
CONS
Polar bear-loving gearbox is a drag
Next generation engines aren't available yet
Why is there no decanter in the armrest?

·
Registered
204 Posts
HaloJones said:
PROS
Looks great
More refined than anything from Germany
Sublime ride
CONS
Polar bear-loving gearbox is a drag
Next generation engines aren't available yet
Why is there no decanter in the armrest?
Oh bother! I thought there was a decanter, looks like I'll have to cancel my order then :))

Sounds like a good review, thanks for the summary, I'll read it in full later.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't tend to take much notice of reviews unless they are drastically bad and basically there was nothing in the review that would put me off.

I'm a great believer of personal taste, for instance, I hate most of the so called 'car of the year' cars, there are 1 or 2 excpetions of course..

Maybe JC was miffed that they didn't give him an XE-S to review :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think if you test drive new cars for a living your standards probably get very high, for most of us we're going to comparing any new car with something inferior and we're far less likely to notice any supposed shortcomings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK read the review now. Was it written by two different people?

First half: Booo, dreadful, missed opportunity, bit of trademark EU & green bashing, moan, yuk. etc.
<snap>
Second half: Woohoo, brilliant, £100,000, better than Germans, etc.

What a very strange bit of writing.

·
Registered
799 Posts
(Not so) Angry Dad said:
OK read the review now. Was it written by two different people?

First half: Booo, dreadful, missed opportunity, bit of trademark EU & green bashing, moan, yuk. etc.
<snap>
Second half: Woohoo, brilliant, £100,000, better than Germans, etc.

What a very strange bit of writing.
He's the same with all reviews. Did you ever see his M5 review?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Then you are sadly misinformed. It has been public knowledge for months that only the diesels would be ingenium engines. The 2l petrol scare Ford manufactured to a Jag mapping and the S engine is from the F-type

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have to say that after having 3 Jags of which 2 have had the 5.0l supercharged that the Ford engines are very good, in particular the V8. I was led to believe that although the 5.0l are made at the Ford factory, there is a part of the factory that is made over to the Jag engines so they are not exactly the same as the ones Ford use. I was also let to believe that the 3.0l block is the same as the 5.0l V8 but modified just to be a V6 which is why there is no doubt that there will be a V8 XE in the future as the engine already fits in the form of the V6.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
This is a quote from his review.

"So the 2-litre turbo in my test car is an old Ford unit that first saw the light of day in the Mondeo."

His review is of the 240 petrol and is the Ford engine, the petrol Ingenium is not available yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.