Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my ASL with the trafic sign recognition feature a lot because I've had a dangerous amount of points on my licence in the past and I don't want any more. It's a great feature, but the chime it makes when the car is over the limit because of downhill accelleration is so quiet it took me 2 weeks to even notice it. Now that I know what I'm listening for, I can detect it, but it's no use as an alert. Is there a way to adjust its volume? I can't find it in any of the menus.

Registered
Right, this is going to sound a bit strange as I'm not sure if it will work or not! When reversing, the warning beeps for when obstacles were detected was very quiet. I used the radio volume control on the steering wheel to raise the volume and it worked! The only downside is that it has also raised the volume when I get an incoming call!
It has to be beeping to adjust the volume! Hope it works for you. 馃槈

Registered
Bedfordshire
As Nuttyspark has indicated, to alter the volume of any notifications it can be done through the volume controls when that notification is active, i.e. reversing sensor sound when reversing, traffic report volume during traffic report and ASL warning when ASL chime sounding.

Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
Which is bloody daft tbh you should be able to set volumes for each element when safely parked and stationary

Registered
Which is bloody daft tbh you should be able to set volumes for each element when safely parked and stationary
If I set the sound level for Waze sounds to a comfortable level, then the jaguar "bong bong" speed camera notification is at ear bursting sound level and visa-versa. There needs to be additional volume channels that you can set, as Ivor said when sat stationary.
Having to twiddle the volume control as you pass a speed camera is bonkers!

Reactions: IvorB1H

Registered
2.0 Diesel R Sport with loads of extras inc accessories
Blimey I am still learning about hidden things in the car. I didn't even know there was a sound for it. Mine must be off completely from when I bought it7 years back.

Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
It鈥檚 one of the more annoying things for me with this (and my previous e-pace) trying to get volumes set when whichever notification sound comes up and quickly faffing with the volume control so not taking notice of the actual warning - why it can鈥檛 be in a sub menu in settings I do not know.

on several occasions I鈥檝e been reducing the volume of the steep as a notification sound has started and inadvertently lowered the sound of that particular set of notifications forever more 馃槖馃槨

Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
Ah. Good find.
I have the opposite problem from the OP. I find the audible front parking sensors irritating as hell. They go off behind stationary cars in traffic and when big things pass me slowly.
I have now turned the noise right down. Brilliant!!

She-who-must-be-obeyed will have to find another reason to dislike my car now.
It can't possibly be my driving, aftercall... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts