Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope your all enjoying your XE. I've had my R Sport for nearly a month :). To be honest I've had a few issues and one being an intermittent fault mentioned in the title. For aprox 10 days I have an issue where my car seems to not be able to make its mind up what gear it would like to be in. No warning lights on dash or fault codes shown. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

It's not happening every time I drive but it is happening in Eco and dynamic mode. I've not run the car in sport mode for any great length of time tbh, only when I really need too :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had the same issue on my Mercedes ML, sometimes when an acceleration was not really "clear" or approaching slight uphill or downhill keeping gas steady, the gearbox seems to loose ability on which gear to switch on. Simply put or leave a little throttle and you'll decide for your gearbox.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you - this is happening when I'm pulling out of junctions and over taking, must admit when over taking it was rather unnerving.
Most of the time she feels like she can't make up her mind between 2-3 gear when pulling away from junctions and round abouts. The over taking I would say it was between 4/5 gear, feels like the car is jumping in and out of gear very quickly.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Too true,all I can add tho is that the 180 I test drove was as smooth as silk,and I was very light footed...but that acceleration was there when asked with no issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed - I test drove two models and have had a curtesy car for a day with no issues at all. Hoping Jaguar will be able to find the issue and fix it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If you've driven other autos without an issue then it's the software.

Autos can take a little getting used to as accelerator is treated differently to a manual which is why I said if you've driven one before.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks Tobes- I've driven a merc and bmw a couple of times as autos, and not had any issues with the moving from manual to auto. But this is the 1st car I've owned that is an auto. I'm also thinking possible software issue or hopeful as I would hope that would be able to be fixed quickly.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I was not trying to make light of driving skills ☺

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ended up calling jaguar assistance ref this issue today as it nearly launched me through the windscreen and very nearly caused an accident. It's going back tomorrow

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.