Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly, I have much appreciated reading here for while now. It has been entertaining and educational. So thank you.

Secondly, as many others have, I'd like to share a couple of pics. It's nice to learn from others with the same love of our cars.
I have updated my MY18 R-Sport in many little ways. It's my fourth Jag and by far my favourite. I do miss the lovely 3.0 V6 of my last S-Type (and do not miss the 2.2 diesel engine of my XF R-Sport Sportbrake). The 250PS 4 cylinder engine of this XE is amazingly frugal and plenty powerful (it's much more capable than I am!) but it's no V6...

The black roof will not be to everyone's tastes. But I do note that the very latest 2022 XEs (as of April 2022) come with them on 300 Sport and R-Dynamic (and of course the limited Reims edition), so I like to think I am ahead of my time ;)

The list of little (cosmetic) tweaks is actually quite long. It has kept me happy tinkering and that's quite enough of an excuse for me.
Front and rear badges, gloss black sills, front vent sides, mirror caps, roof, lower rear valance, spoiler trailing edge, red calipers with white lettering, sweeping indicators, tinted reverse lights
Hope someone appreciates it. If not, I do, so thank you Jaguar.

Paul

Car Vehicle Tire Grille Wheel
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
257 Posts
Firstly, I have much appreciated reading here for while now. It has been entertaining and educational. So thank you.

Secondly, as many others have, I'd like to share a couple of pics. It's nice to learn from others with the same love of our cars.
I have updated my 2017 R-Sport in many little ways. It's my fourth Jag and by far my favourite. I do miss the lovely 3.0 V6 of my last S-Type (and do not miss the 2.2 diesel engine of my XF R Sport Sportbrake). The 250PS 4 cylinder engine of this XE is amazingly frugal and plenty powerful (it's much more capable than I am!) but it's no V6...

The black roof will not be to everyone's tastes. But I do note that the very latest 2022 XEs (as of April 2022) come with them on 300 Sport and R-Dynamic (and of course the limited Reims edition), so I like to think I am ahead of my time ;)

The list of tweaks is actually quite long. It has kept happy tinkering, and that's quite enough of an excuse.
Front and rear badges, gloss black sills, front vent sides, mirror caps, roof, lower rear valance, spoiler trailing edge, red calipers with white lettering, sweeping indicators, tinted reverse lights

Paul

View attachment 11937 View attachment 11938 View attachment 11940 View attachment 11942 View attachment 11943 View attachment 11944 View attachment 11945
Well I think your XE looks absolutely stunning and it would be the way I would have done a white one myself, including the black roof.
The only niggle I have is the R badge which IMO should only ever be seen on the cars they were intended for, supercharged V8's but it is your car and your choice so enjoy.

Reactions: bik3rz

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you.
The only niggle I have is the R badge
And yes, you make a very fair point. There has never been a factory XE R, of course. Nor will there ever be..:confused:

I saw someone hereabouts who made an R Sport badge somehow. You can't buy them in the right size as far as I can see, but now can't find how they did it. I'll have another look.
The alternative is no badges, other than the leaper, and I may well go in that direction next as it's difficult to draw a line on all this. That is the fun of tinkering!
The detailing is actually looking uncannily like a MY22 RDynamic Black now. Although petrol ones don't exist as new builds, it seems. It's diesel or diesel. Hmm..

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
257 Posts
"There has never been a factory XE R, of course. Nor will there ever be..:confused:"

Which is a real shame, can you imagine a Project 8 but with a supercharger added into the mix although God only knows what the cost would be.

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
257 Posts
I decided to go the leaper only route although my is still chrome, a black version would be completely lost on my colour paint
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

·
Registered
Bedfordshire
406 Posts
"There has never been a factory XE R, of course. Nor will there ever be..:confused:"

Which is a real shame, can you imagine a Project 8 but with a supercharger added into the mix although God only knows what the cost would be.
The Project 8 does have a supercharger already, the same engine as in the F-Type R but tuned differently.

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
529 Posts
Jaaaaag likes red callipers ;)

In all honesty despite my previous Burberry tracksuit comment I actually really like what you’ve done with the car ! good looking Jag there matey and thank you for sharing :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Paul! Nice Red Calipers too! :)
Yeah.. cheesy, but what the hell. Jaguar have added them to most of them now anyway.
And this Jag is actually bloody quick by any sensible standards. It amazes me how composed it is to even a Jag of 10 years ago.

I think I saw that you are unsure about yours. When my car hit three years I took the view that a tin of Halfords paint was needed. It's the local car and bike place here. The product is designed for the job and was simple to apply. The Jaguar decals merely required a reasonably straight eye.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I decided to go the leaper only route although my is still chrome, a black version would be completely lost on my colour paint
Yes, it would. Nice to see it, though, thanks. Food for thought.
I'm intrigued by the exhaust and valance. They are updates, I assume. The standard 75mm chrome finishers a wee bit small (and not as big as the 84mm that comes/came on V6 versions). I do like a suitable exhaust. (The latest XF back end looks bloody terrible IMHO because they are pretending it's electric, which is stupid.) What did you have done? Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In all honesty despite my previous Burberry tracksuit comment I actually really like what you’ve done with the car ! good looking Jag there matey and thank you for sharing :)
Your comment made me smile.
I am a traditionalist, or so I thought. After all, I still like the look of my old S Types, in the right sports spec (my last was in a mid 'racing' blue colour and factory dechromed, which was unusual).
The Basildon boy racer two tone car look left me very cold. And then, over time, it became apparent that contrasts were popular in other places then Essex. They have become synonymous with performance variants (and now also certain EVs). When Jaguar themselves launched contrasting elements on XEs, starting with skirts and sills and now roofs, I came to realise I rather like them. Fashions, eh?

Of course, I know I'm not out there with the 'trendy' kids as I find that BMW's latest forays into making nostrils on wheels make me positively nauseous.

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
257 Posts
Yes, it would. Nice to see it, though, thanks. Food for thought.
I'm intrigued by the exhaust and valance. They are updates, I assume. The standard 75mm chrome finishers a wee bit small (and not as big as the 84mm that comes/came on V6 versions). I do like a suitable exhaust. (The latest XF back end looks bloody terrible IMHO because they are pretending it's electric, which is stupid.) What did you have done? Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere..
The rear valance is an XE S gloss black, OE Jaguar so fitted straight on no problem.
The Tips are stainless steel 100mm bought on AliExpress, like you I thought the standard tips looked completely lost in the cut outs, not as straight forward as the rear valance because the original tips were welded on so had to be cut off first.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i had rs badges when got the car, now replaced with...ah, you saw my thread already :)

well done on mods, looks really good (except badges :p)

Reactions: PaulTolga

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
529 Posts
I find that BMW's latest forays into making nostrils on wheels make me positively nauseous.
Glad I made you smile ‘me-ol-china’ ;)

love your description of the current BMW trend - definitely nicking that one - those ‘kidney’ grilles have gone silly !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
those ‘kidney’ grilles have gone silly !!
Indeed. My other half saw a pic of a flying nostril truck thing (I think they call it BMW i7). She is as car-blind as they come. Even she asked what on EARTH that thing was. I suggested it's for the Chinese. They can bloody keep them, if we can keep our Jags.

Original tips were welded on so had to be cut off first.
Ah.. That sounds like a bit of a job, and not something I can do myself, but good to know, thanks. I can see mine are welded.
The XE-S valance is seemingly not available second hand, which is unsurprising, so I think I'll live with the standard one with a gloss black finish for now until a used one comes up. The difference is small to the untrained eye.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do you have or have you had scratches on you wheels ? I’ve not kerbed mine but there is one or two on mine now presumably from stones bouncing off them ?
Wondering what you did to get them out ? The paint to me seems quite thin, don’t want to go at it with anything abrasive if it’s going to make things worse !

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, Halfords black gloss touch up paint has been my friend for that sort of thing. I have, inevitably, picked up a couple of scuffs (thanks to living on country lane with randomly placed curbs and large advancing lorries) and the touch up does an amazing job.

Reactions: IvorB1H

·
Registered
529 Posts
I’ll give that a go I also have plenty of lanes to deal with and can’t avoid the odd scuff / scratch really but this is the first car I’ve had with painted alloys so wasn’t sure how to tackle it, if it was same as general bodywork or not ?!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's the same process. The little enclosed brush is really not bad if you have a steady hand.
Sadly these alloys are awful near any curb. It takes the lightest touch to damage the paint and the tyre walls are so slim.
But they look jolly nice :D

Reactions: IvorB1H
1 - 20 of 35 Posts