Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my XE but i never managed to find the exact spec I wanted with the Black Pack. Also the exhausts have always looked terrible and I've never been a fan of the back with all the silver badges. So I ordered the Skoda Yeti exhaust tips everyone is raving about on here, fitted them myself nice and easy and step one was done. I then ordered the black Jaguar bade from Ebay and made an appointment at my local tinting and wrapping company. A quick trip down to see them and the black pack was fitted. Now my cat is exactly how imagined and I find myself just staring at it in my driveway.

Before

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky Daytime

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

After

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Grille

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
226 Posts
noice, but i think i would go for bit bigger tips, cut outs for them are still too big imho

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
Fully approved here!! :cool:
I am a fan of black highlights.
Those early model tailpipes were truly bad, weren't they. How they ever let those into production, or the fully skirted versions, is beyond me.

One thing I'm intrigued about is the badge. Yours looks grey, but no doubt it's the light. How you got the Jaguar lettering on straight is impressive.
I plasti-dipped my badges so as not to fiddle with them and they have come up gloss black with no blemishes at all. A remarkably easy process.
How long mine and yours last remains to be seen! Haven't been through a winter yet... Guess we'll see.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: Cat Dad and bik3rz

·
Registered
48 Posts
Niiiiiiice :) Are there any secrets to ordering the black badge.. like are there any sellers to avoid cause their badges are rubbish? Or can I just grab whatever badge off ebay and go nuts? I just picked up a Carpathian Grey S with black interior + roof + wheels and I think I'm going to fully embrace the darkness..black Jag badges and remove the model badges

Also keen to hear how you got it straight and centred; I have a way but would like to know if yours is different or better :)

·
Registered
MY18 25T R-Sport (308PS)
218 Posts
My experience of badges has been that you have to pay for something decent for anything with colour in it, Jaguar OEM really. The cheap Chinese ones wash out completely within a few months in the sun. A different thing with black, I suspect.
I'm sure Cat Dad will be able to say where he got his and the art of placing all six letters so well by hand.

I took the alternate route of not removing anything and using a plasti-dip spray. Plenty of DIY videos out there. The way it peels off on edges is very simple. It's an amazing product for stuff like this and so far has lasted without blemish. I also chose to darken the white sections on the rear lights rather than all the glass on a white car, but it's all a personal choice.

Have fun with the tinkering. You have many hours of entertainment ahead!

Reactions: Cat Dad

·
Registered
332 Posts
I see that the OP has de-badged the rear end as well. Looks good IMO. In fact, I think that the chrome leaping jaguar would be equally effective on a blue car.

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
295 Posts
Niiiiiiice :) Are there any secrets to ordering the black badge.. like are there any sellers to avoid cause their badges are rubbish? Or can I just grab whatever badge off ebay and go nuts? I just picked up a Carpathian Grey S with black interior + roof + wheels and I think I'm going to fully embrace the darkness..black Jag badges and remove the model badges

Also keen to hear how you got it straight and centred; I have a way but would like to know if yours is different or better :)
Hi Dan,
A mate of mine ordered this set up 6 months ago and so far have stood up to all the elements really well, not sure about the effects of the sun in OZ though, Fitting of these is really easy as it all comes on a sort of template which lines up with the bottom edge of the bootlid.
From China so should be with you fairly quickly.

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
295 Posts
I see that the OP has de-badged the rear end as well. Looks good IMO. In fact, I think that the chrome leaping jaguar would be equally effective on a blue car.
A bit like this although I went one step further.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

Reactions: PaulTolga

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
295 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh lord I love that photo the black and the white Chefs Kiss It is rather grey and I didnt get the lettering straight it was a body shop who did it (I don't trust myself to do it right).

Fingers crossed they last a few years

Fully approved here!! :cool:
I am a fan of black highlights.
Those early model tailpipes were truly bad, weren't they. How they ever let those into production, or the fully skirted versions, is beyond me.

One thing I'm intrigued about is the badge. Yours looks grey, but no doubt it's the light. How you got the Jaguar lettering on straight is impressive.
I plasti-dipped my badges so as not to fiddle with them and they have come up gloss black with no blemishes at all. A remarkably easy process.
How long mine and yours last remains to be seen! Haven't been through a winter yet... Guess we'll see.
View attachment 12390

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is exactly the one I bought dangoesfast and it looks great, the one thing I would say is that the adhesive on the logo aint great so the wrapping place that stuck it on decided to take it off and use this instead - Genuine 3M™ VHB™ 5952 Car Vehicle Double Sided Acrylic Adhesive Mounting Tape | eBay 3M™ VHB™ 5952 Car Vehicle Double Sided Acrylic Adhesive Mounting Tape

Hi Dan,
A mate of mine ordered this set up 6 months ago and so far have stood up to all the elements really well, not sure about the effects of the sun in OZ though, Fitting of these is really easy as it all comes on a sort of template which lines up with the bottom edge of the bootlid.
From China so should be with you fairly quickly.

·
Registered
MY18 R-Sport 25t
295 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts