Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Visited a dealership yesterday which had the R-Sport in Bluefire with Jet/blue interior looked fantastic. It is far more understated than I thought, contrast of black against blue is very subtle - with brighter blue stitching & the blue metallic, seriously tempting me to ditch the Ebony Black (which I am yet to see) tho ultimate Black looks stunning in R-Sport.

Just so you know... :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi yamyay
Same for me
Was thinking of this option, but hadn't seen a bluefire in the flesh and it looked different in all the pics I had seen
Opted for the ebony with sunroof and meridian before test driving a car
Then had a test drive in a bluefire with the jet / blue seat combination and it looked fantastic
I have convinced myself that my choices are best for me though !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Reading this makes me laff.. I have a Bluefire on order (XE-S trim) - I keep thinking I've got the wrong colour, Jags Red is just too "old" for me, and black looses alot of the key details on the XES like the black lower door spoiler, I went with blue because some images i.e.
http://www.auto-types.com/images/_autonews/flash/2015-Jaguar-XE-live_58.jpg
make the car look AMAZING.. where as most make it look Meh! im still unsure and keep threatening to pick up the phone and change ... But its good to hear someone else likes it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Smart22186 said:
Reading this makes me laff.. I have a Bluefire on order (XE-S trim) - I keep thinking I've got the wrong colour, Jags Red is just too "old" for me, and black looses alot of the key details on the XES like the black lower door spoiler, I went with blue because some images i.e.
make the car look AMAZING.. where as most make it look Meh! im still unsure and keep threatening to pick up the phone and change ... But its good to hear someone else likes it!
I am exactly the same - I have one on order, on the strength of photos like that one and the one on Wikipedia, & I keep seeing other pictures of the car in that colour that look nothing like those photos! Too late for me to change now - I am hopeful it is just a case of different lights showing it in different shades of blue...

·
Registered
51 Posts
TheGuvnor said:
Smart22186 said:
I am exactly the same - I have one on order, on the strength of photos like that one and the one on Wikipedia, & I keep seeing other pictures of the car in that colour that look nothing like those photos! Too late for me to change now - I am hopeful it is just a case of different lights showing it in different shades of blue...
You'll have to let me know how you get on and how you feel about the colour when you have the car! lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got it this afternoon. I am a bit disappointed in the paintwork, far too much orange peel effect.
I need to take it for a run to get used to it, but it does feel good . Some of the plastic trim around the seats feels cheap. I've bought a portfolio so I did expect better, give me a couple if days and I will report more, but the colour does look brilliant!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Urgh.. not exactly what i wanted to read! but .. the colour as a whole it sounds like its something your going to love more and more... Hot sunny days like today I guess its going to look at its best.

Sorry to read you have a few nigs & nags.. am sure you'll get it sorted. when you took delivery did you have the option of looking the car over?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.