Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Arrived Friday really happy with it. Just a small fault with bumper alignment against the bonnet

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good to see the lights on. What will happen about the misalignment?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks great.

Missalignment doesn't sound so good. I think they should axe the head of QA....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the car delivered by the dealer and when I was doing a walk around check I noticed the panel gap between front bumper and bonnet went from acceptable at one side to nearly able to fit my little finger in the other side :(
It was noted on the delivery paper work and they said I could take it in to be fixed anytime I wanted

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gsb1970 said:
:( What???
Can't believe the car was presented to you like that....
Maybe I should milk it a bit and put in a complaint to see if I can get some freebies thrown in lol. Metal pedals would be nice :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It's not milking it...I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a 30k car to be handed over with body panels correctly aligned.

I would not only complain to dealer but jag UK aswell.

A gorgeous car anyway pal....lovely colour

·
Registered
799 Posts
gsb1970 said:
:( What???
Can't believe the car was presented to you like that....
Exactly.

Fix it anytime you like? How about before offering it to you. Now you get a car with a defect and you get to travel to and from a dealer in your own time.

Are Jaguar serious with some of these defects you guys are noticing. The car maybe amazing but with quality issues like this being talked about do they not think it will hinder further sales.

I'm probably wrong but from the impression im getting so far they are not even close to being on par with others in the same segment quality wise.

TVR springs to mind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks gsb1970. Think your right I'm being too laid back about it. My brothers xe was also delivered at the same time and nothing wrong at all with his. Ps he has an ammonite grey rsport.
I ordered it through a friend of mine who works for syntner and got me a great deal from guy salmon. That's why I had the cars delivered as they weren't local to me and I didn't have the time to go pick them up for a couple of weeks

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'm getting mine from a dealer some 4hrs away from me.
When I spoke to them on the phone and requested that when they received my car would they not clean or polish it,I was told that they had a list as long as ya arm to check and tick off,or they would receive fines from JLR.
He rather abruptly informed me that as a jag dealer that they carry out these procedures to the highest standard...including prepping the car for handover.
Superb standard of service I initially thought...the more I read tho the more it sounds like BS

·
Registered
799 Posts
Shouldn't of left factory like that and to get past dealer as well after carrying out their checks.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts