Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Be interesting to hear others experiences of different manufacturers but I think Jaguar are doing ok compared to them so far, especially as this is such a new car. I ordered a new Kuga 2 in 2013 and it took 12 weeks from order to delivery but that was against the norm of 18-20 weeks. At one point due to demand delivery estimates went up to 30 weeks! I've heard similar stories from friends waiting for Audi and less so BMW.
No doubt about it though waiting for a new car can be very frustrating. I said last time I wouldn't do it again but hen along came to XE!

·
Registered
134 Posts
When i looked at buying a new S3 last year i was told 3 to 6 months depending on the spec im glad i didnt order one because i got wind of the xe shortly after :) also ive enquired about the seat cupra 280 when that came out and that was a wait of 8 months if ordered without standard spec and ive heard mercedes is a pretty long wait aswell so i dont think waiting a bit longer for an xe will do jaguar any more harm

·
Registered
143 Posts
@ mioi2. I don't see any broken promises, at least not yet. I think you're just reading here about a high level of excitement building up because of the long gestation period of this car. Jaguar announced it an exceptionally long time before starting production. I watched Emile Sande singing in front of the car last September, I think it was, and ordered in November. I was told BACK THEN that production starts in May and deliveries start in June. There are cars available to test drive now, so it seems on schedule to me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree with V0lterra. Jaguar informed me back in October (yes order date) that build would start in april/may with first deliveries in may/june. They're still on track.

The only thing bothering me is that Jag NL is holding back deliveries till June 18th, the official launch date in the Netherlands. But my car is already on the way to my dealer :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm a little unhappy with quoted delivery dates. I put a holding deposit (which I was told was to hold my place in the queue) way back in October. I placed my order in mid Feb for a Petrol 2L Prestige in Bluefire and yet I saw only today on this forum that someone is getting their delivery mid June when mine is 29th July. (It was 'back end of August' but they have brought it forward a month in the space of two weeks without notification or chasing).

I actually work for a software manufacturing company, and I find it very difficult to believe that Jaguar cannot give more specific dates at this point, and am even more annoyed that my early deposit and order seem to count for nothing in terms of prioritisation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.