Jaguar XE Forum banner

Build Date

36K views 119 replies 39 participants last post by  BAIKAR 
#1 ·
I've finally been given a build date of 26th June. The dealer mentioned that a lot of build dates seem to be being pulled forward, so there's a good chance that mine will too.

#4 ·
stew said:
...So long as I have mine before September I'm happy, I have a 3000Km European road trip planned!
Me too... I will be driving to Tuscany and Piemonte with the family in my brand new XE... :-bd

#7 ·
KentBandit said:
What models are all of yours, got my R-Sport 180 on order since early March. Really hope its soon :)
180ps Prestige Auto, Ammonite, 19" Venom wheels, Latte interior, chrome grille, privacy glass and sunroof. Ordered in The Netherlands

#13 ·
Prestige 163 order (with optional towbar) placed through company car scheme in late January. Estimated delivery date 1st July :( although recently our fleet team asked Jaguar for an update and without committing fully to it, they suggested it could be a couple of weeks earlier (I dont hold out much hope though) ....... cant wait for delivery

#20 ·
BAIKAR said:
It would be very odd for a dealer to have stock before many even have demos. Putting stock before customer and demo cars doesn't happen.
Oh ok you are probably right, but I am going on the weekend for a test drive. So I will get the full details on that vehicle, it will be useful to find out because it seems unfair as you guys have been given such long delivery dates.

#22 ·
CHIRAGSHAH said:
BAIKAR said:
It would be very odd for a dealer to have stock before many even have demos. Putting stock before customer and demo cars doesn't happen.
Oh ok you are probably right, but I am going on the weekend for a test drive. So I will get the full details on that vehicle, it will be useful to find out because it seems unfair as you guys have been given such long delivery dates.
Are you thinking of buying that particular car ? Yes it does seem pretty pointless to put a deposit down months ago when you could just strike lucky and find one in a showroom in the spec you'd like.
It does however generate more interest for jaguar in the car when people have an opportunity to see it.

#23 ·
BAIKAR said:
CHIRAGSHAH said:
BAIKAR said:
Are you thinking of buying that particular car ? Yes it does seem pretty pointless to put a deposit down months ago when you could just strike lucky and find one in a showroom in the spec you'd like.
It does however generate more interest for jaguar in the car when people have an opportunity to see it.
No this car is out of my price range, I am going to test drive the demo they have and then maybe order a 2.0 R sport pertrol.

#24 ·
So I went to the showroom on Sunday, the car they had in stock has been sold at the price £42000 that car had attracted a lot interest when I was in the showroom most customers were looking at the XE, customer picking it up this week.

I ordered the 2.0 Petrol R sport with black pack. Waiting for delivery date now.

#25 ·
Hi All

I placed my order on Saturday after taking both Diesel and petrol for test drives

Opted form 2.0 Petrol R Sport in Bluefire with sunroof ,
Have copy of Jaguar order form which shows build date W/ending 10.July completion date 20.July
Requested handover 27 July planned delivery to dealer 31.July accepted handover 5.Aug

why all these dates
Dealer tell me that delivery should be on time if not a few days early, dealer talk I guess
how do they know , earlier the better cant wait , Just will miss my XF

#26 ·
Sidcupvince said:
Hi All

I placed my order on Saturday after taking both Diesel and petrol for test drives

Opted form 2.0 Petrol R Sport in Bluefire with sunroof ,
Have copy of Jaguar order form which shows build date W/ending 10.July completion date 20.July
Requested handover 27 July planned delivery to dealer 31.July accepted handover 5.Aug

why all these dates
Dealer tell me that delivery should be on time if not a few days early, dealer talk I guess
how do they know , earlier the better cant wait , Just will miss my XF
Oh thats surprising you recieved all your delivery dates so quickly! I went for same petrol model ordered on Sunday I was told today October delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.