Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

On Monday I was informed that I've been given an estimated build date of 20th July. Does anyone know how long it takes to build an XE???

I checked the LexAutolease Drive Portal this morning and it tells me that the proposed stock date has been moved to 21st August due to volume of orders (again!) Does it take a month to build the car???

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Head office phoned me yesterday. My car is still due to be built on 22nd July but the factory goes into a 2 week shutdown for holiday on the 24th so highly unlikely to make it out the compound till they come back. Been told 28th August now

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Where did that info come from? It's very interesting and could explain a lot!

·
Registered
597 Posts
That's interesting to know and to be honest, if dealers/JLR gave a viable reason it would help.
Do you happen to know what part(s) the supplier made?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think everyone is being fobbed off with a different story. So far the blame list is:

*Factory SHutdown for 2 weeks
*Single Parents
*Parts Shortage

·
Registered
597 Posts
OK, I can accept the factory shutdown as I use 2 factories, 1 in Denmark and the other Germany and they shut down for 3 weeks.

What does annoy me is that if I order an XF-S now, I could have it in the Autumn but an XE-S is January. As the XF-S and XE-S are both new cars and have the same engine in the S the excuse of shortage of engines can't be true....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
KentBandit said:
I think everyone is being fobbed off with a different story. So far the blame list is:

*Factory SHutdown for 2 weeks
*Single Parents
*Parts Shortage
…..perhaps "over-zealous salesmen" should be included

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats what they are estimating for the new xf but look at the facts the xe should have been on our drives 2 months ago....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Response just in from Lex...

"The dealer confirmed build week for 20th July, but it can take a few weeks until the vehicle transported to the UK."

A new one!

·
Registered
597 Posts
That's very true Dale, I can't imagine (yet) how frustrating that must be for you and others on here.
Interesting about the seats, I wonder how big the supplier was, you'd think that a company like JLR with all the money they have would try and help out a business they are relying on to build their cars.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
toppy007 said:
Response just in from Lex...

"The dealer confirmed build week for 20th July, but it can take a few weeks until the vehicle transported to the UK."

A new one!
Is Solihull not in the UK?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well, just spoke with the dealer I placed the order with on Saturday and they have just been told by Jaguar that the date has been pushed back to February...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I thought. :)

Apparently the dealer they're dealing with is Pendragon (Stratstone Derby). Anyone had any dealing with them regarding the XE?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im not frustrated my Xes is ready to be picked up :) but yes i can see how frustrating it was dates moving about limited info from jaguar and blatently being ignored when you email or try and phone jaguar uk to see what was/is going on

·
Registered
664 Posts
Toppy007...... I can only comment on Stratstone Derby regarding how they treated me when requesting a test drive. I thought they were brilliant, I had a call back within hours of making a request, they knew I would be on a company lease but didn't treat me like a second class citizen. They were really insistent they could do a deal better than any other dealer even for the lease company.

I spoke with Leasedrive who told me they dealt with Pendragon so I was pretty happy.....but then they placed my order with Jaguar Lancaster who are nowhere near me, so not quite so happy with them on that :(

I will most certainly go down to Derby Stratstone for services and what have you though.

Incidentally I thought the Nottingham branch they were poor, hardly wanted to even spend 2 minutes talking to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts