Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, has anyone considered ordering the Fuel Fired Heater with Cabin Pre-heat and Remote option?

It seems a tad expensive at just under a grand. When I first read about it I thought it sounded great but in the cold light of day, is it something that would be used that often and would I be better spending that money elsewhere?

·
Registered
359 Posts
SiblingChris said:
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, has anyone considered ordering the Fuel Fired Heater with Cabin Pre-heat and Remote option?

It seems a tad expensive at just under a grand. When I first read about it I thought it sounded great but in the cold light of day, is it something that would be used that often and would I be better spending that money elsewhere?
If its a manual then its your only option but you wont be able to cool the car. Unless you live in a country that has very cold winters i wouldnt bother. If you have an automatic the fuel saving because it has to have the engine running will be very little.

·
Registered
51 Posts

This option is standard do not purchase on automatic

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't realise it was standard on the autos, but I am looking at a manual :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Smart22186 said:

I'm not so sure you are correct on that.
On the configurator it is listed as cabin pre heat via remote. This is not the same as the app controlled version available on automatics. In its description it also says it can heat and cool the cabin. I would check with your dealer on this before ordering as I believe that's also incorrect. The automatics can heat and cool the cabin because the cars engine is running. You can see this quite clearly in the video link that the lcd display says engine running for remote climate. The cabin pre heat via remote option uses a small fuel heater that runs independently.

As you are buying a manual it would be an option for you but as I mentioned above I believe it will only heat the cabin via a separate remote control not the app.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes manual for me. Already thinking money is best spent elsewhere though...

·
Registered
51 Posts
BAIKAR said:
Smart22186 said:

I'm not so sure you are correct on that.
On the configurator it is listed as cabin pre heat via remote. This is not the same as the app controlled version available on automatics. In its description it also says it can heat and cool the cabin. I would check with your dealer on this before ordering as I believe that's also incorrect. The automatics can heat and cool the cabin because the cars engine is running. You can see this quite clearly in the video link that the lcd display says engine running for remote climate. The cabin pre heat via remote option uses a small fuel heater that runs independently.

As you are buying a manual it would be an option for you but as I mentioned above I believe it will only heat the cabin via a separate remote control not the app.
Hi,

Its a bit of a weird one, My delaer has 3 demo cars (non manual) when we were configuring, he said, dont get this its standard, i was like are you sure? He then started a car he was using via his app and selected heating and window settings, he said that all 3 demo cars have it and he's tried it as well. - None had this listed as an "option" on there "T-Sheets" ? Its a grey area cuz its not clear exactly what it comes with as standard and what your gaining from the "app" but as far as im aware it can do what i want it to do via a "free/standard" app. He got the XES in today so I'm going to go down and go over the car properly as this is what I've ordered.

Sorry to Hi-Jack this thread as I know your getting the manual version.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No probs. it's all useful discussion :)

I would be wary of what the dealer reckons is standard though. I asked on a couple of things in the RSport I drove and they said it was standard.....blind spot indicators, steering wheel heater for instance....and yet I know they are not according to the options list and costs I've seen on my leasing company's site

I reckon if he says its standard on the auto make sure at whatever price you agree for the order it clearly states in writing its included just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Some of the information coming from the dealers during my experience was either very misleading or just complete rubbish. I had one salesman tell me that Jaguars Torque vector braking applied power to individual wheels! On a RWD car wow, I just nodded and moved on.

·
Registered
799 Posts
BAIKAR said:
Some of the information coming from the dealers during my experience was either very misleading or just complete rubbish. I had one salesman tell me that Jaguars Torque vector braking applied power to individual wheels! On a RWD car wow, I just nodded and moved on.
Must admit have noticed a real difference in quality between my local jag and bm dealers purely based on knowledge and both trying to sell a new model. I hope it doesn't equate to a similar difference in the end product.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I agree on the knowledge side of things. But on the other hand I felt in the BMW garage I was just another sale not an individual customer, so for me jag wins on that front at least.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I felt being told misleading information made it feel more like just another sale.

Accept there will be differences between dealers with some good some bad even for the same manufacturer.

Have been impressed with Vicki Knight though who seems to deal with all corporate sales.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had this conversation again with my dealer today, Made some phone calls and got some answers, The £900 option is ONLY for manual boxes, this function is standard (no cost) on all Automatics, this is because the ability to switch on the engine is simple and easy in an auto, whereas with the manual, if the car is left in gear you have a problem, the the manual version uses a back up battery to operate the heater / cooler and no engine power, but you can still access the locking / window status of the car from phones?

Hope that helps?

No different from being able to purchase the "adaptive dynamics" on the "S" version, - This is a standard feature buy they will still take your money. Im told they have updated the configurator 2 / 3 times since taking orders to iron out problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good point, I think we need to bump this thread for some attention!

·
Registered
256 Posts
My Dutch Prestige 180ps Auto without InControl Apps (option over here) does NOT have the preheat feature,

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmmm.....are you using the correct jag app? There are two, one called InControl Apps and the other InControl Remote. The cabin preheat is a feature of the latter, and clearly shown in its demo mode.

View attachment 7

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just posted this exact question on Jaguar UK's Facebook page in order to get some clarity.

"Can you cast a little light on this for me?

I have recently placed an order for an XE-S, when I was making my order the option (and conversation) came up regarding the "Cabin Pre-Heat via Remote" - This is a £960 option that was made available to me, However according to Jaguar UK YouTube page "
" this is a "Standard feature" [on all Automatic] cars, The XE-S being only available with auto transmission, can you please confirm this is going to be a function I WILL have on my car when delivered?

If so why are Jaguar happy to accept my £960 for a feature they are making standard? Would I of got that money back had I placed the order? - This is not a "dig" at Jag, but a bit of clarity would not go a miss?

Thanks!"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Okay, so Jaguar UK got back to re the post of facebook, This is there reply;

"Jaguar UK; Hi Steve, sorry to learn of your experience. Jaguar XE will come with InControl Climate as standard on all Automatic Derivatives. There are however, additional InControl options that can be added such as WiFi Hotspot and Secure. If you would like to private message us with your contact details and the name of the retailer, we would be happy to look into this further for you."

So that clears that up. ?? I think?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts