Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an isofix car seat in their xe,does it have a top tether?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but sure there are top tether points on the parcel shelf...

G

·
Yes, top-tethers are there. I have one isofix seat in, fitted in very easily. It's tight getting the seatbelt in though, the child seat partially blocks the seatbelt socket. I find it easiest to put the belt in from the opposite side of the car.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks navigator....would you say it would be a pain in the butt to keep removing and fitting(complete unit) compared to seatbelt fitted one?

G

·
If you mean taking the seat in and out - isofix is a lot easier. We use a seatbelt one for my son, I find it a pain threading the belt in/out but strapping in is fine as you can pull the seat out a little to free up space on the belt socket. The isofix seat does not move (thankfully I suppose) and sits just over or up to the seatbelt socket making it tight to get the belt into the socket.

Privacy glass windows add to the difficulty as they are so dark - which I like apart from when trying to strap the kids in.

Easy answer - leave the kids at home!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a child seat in the middle of the rear seat? There are 3 top tether points in the rear parcel shelf but I was told by a chap at Halfords that it is not possible because of the siting of the isofix points on the floor. We have our daughter, her husband and grand daughter coming to stay and it would be so much better if the child seat is in the middle.

G

·
No, that will not work, not for comfort anyway. You can fit a child in the middle using the centre seatbelt, there are no isofix points for the middle. But when doing so you will find that the car seat overlaps the two outer seats. The middle seat is a fair bit narrower than car seats. For a short trip it might be bearable - just. Doing it the other way, car seat on left or right will be just as tight for the poor person in the middle. I had the exact same issue with my C class previously and the XE is bit tighter in width if anything. Even with just two car seats it is a struggle as the car seats are a little wider that the seats and partially cover the seatbelt slot. I think this is more of a reflection of the chunky design of kids seats than a problem with the XE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts