Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A slightly dull subject - sorry. I paid for the Premium Mats - £100. But, I am not sure that I got them. I know the XE comes with mats, I decided to upgrade, but the mats I have are pretty basic - I should have spent a further £26 for the Luxury ones :((

I was wondering - can someone please have a look at their mat in the driver side and see what the part number is? And also please say if you think yours are premium or standard.

Mine shows 300283-442 GX73 130A22DB8PVJ. These are jet coloured.

I don't want to contact the dealer and look a fool if I do indeed have the right ones.

Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm curious also...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I think the Ebay (Hatfields) ones are not Luxury. I thunk they are the Premium ones - their stated part number corresponds to Carpet Mat Set in the accessories brochure, £108 in the brochure, the same as Ebay. The Luxury ones are £126 in the brochure. I am dissapointed with the so called Premium mats, I am confident I got those and not the standard ones but they pretty thin. After only 1000 miles my driver side mat looks worn. About as worn as my wife's XC90 mats at 65000 miles in fact. Once it wears out I will give Jaguar another £126 I guess.

·
Registered
799 Posts
No car till Friday so cannot compare yet.

Talking of comparing though Navigator now you've had a bit more time with the car how does is it comparing to your previous premium car? I suspect I know the answer and think I will feel the same by the end of the weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like driving the XE. The seat position is good, a little lower than the C class. The steering wheel feels good in your hands and it does drive, accelerate and turn really very nicely. Seats are comfortable, I like it a lot. What I am a little upset about is the finish. I mentioned before some loose plastics and exhaust vibration. Last night I noticed the rubber seals by the rear lights were not quite tight. These are minor observations that apart from the exhaust I have fixed myself but I would have expected them to be picked up either at the factory or at the dealership. I don't remember any such feelings with my C class, it was perfect in terms of quality. It was not so much fun to drive though.

I agree with the sat nav comments. The voice recognition is hit and miss and the POI seach is distance limited, you need to tell it where to search around. For example, the other day I had to go to Glasgow Airport, so I typed that in and nothing came up (I was near Edinburgh at the time). So I tried airports and it gave me Edinburgh, Cumbernauld and Portmoak. Cumbernauld is general aviation and Portmoak is gliding, I found it quite amusing. I then discovered an option to change POI search location. Then I typed in airports and Glasgow came up. Maybe if that was mentioned in the manual it would not have been an issue. But the sat nav details in the manual are so poor, it has all been trial and error, which is not great when driving along.

I also discovered the panel by the right knee for boot opening and lane departure guidance is not back-lit when the engine is turned off. So at night after switching off the ignition you cannot find the boot opener button (I have the unpowered boot).

I do like it, and my unhappy bits are minor, but I hope other XE forumites find the findings useful - we are all learning together! I think most people seems to agree the XE is overall very nice but in some areas does feel a little cheap.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Thanks I appreciate your comments.

I do think some things are difficult to explain when comparing cars. Somethings just feel right quality wise and it's not always dependent on more expensive materials.

I fully appreciate your comment about the boot button not being illuminated. My bmw illuminates everything after ignition is off and until I've exited car and closed the door. You czn even set a further delay timer. My recent hire cars only illuminate dials which is pointless when stationary with ignition off. Even the lights switch is kept dark so can't even find lights to turn them on.

I know I will love the 'new" car feeling but I also know from comments here that I will find the engine noisy along with road noise and that the engine will be dull in comparison to current car. I also think some of the ergonomics will seem off as blind spots etc seem pretty bad from reviews. Does make for a great looking car but I'm used to functional practicality. Wife is keen on the XE so at least I know which car I will be driving more often ☺

Any progress on your exhaust? My focus had zn exhaust issue from new ehich was fixed by kwikfit as Ford couldn't find the fault.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's strange Bluefire as I took a stock car which was supposed to have premium mats but they look anything but and don't have a logo on them. I queried this a couple of weeks ago with the dealer and he even re-ordered a set and he said the ones that came were the same with no logo. Do yours have any part number on them? Any chance you could upload a picture of the actual ones so I can go back to the dealer again.

Btw I'm located pretty close to you in Fleet (Hants) who was your dealer? I used the one in Reading (Lancaster).

Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm in my other car today, but I'll do a photo in the morning when it's light.

I used H.A. Fox in Guildford.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is strange. I have driven 3 different XE this week and all were supposed to be Premium mats but none had any motif and seemed pretty thin.
My 2013 Jag had very thick mats with embroidered Jaguar motif and felt extremely good.
Seems like there are different quality ones available but for the extra £100 I was expecting much better.

A J.

·
Registered
86 Posts
From what I've been told Jaguar were failing to put them in the car. I wonder if they still are. The front mats in mine are the same quality as the rear and I thought the premium mats were only for the front?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine are the same back front too, no motif, just plain black. I questioned my salesman but he assured me I do have the premium mats. They are thin and it is hard to beleive there is a lower grade available. They do not look like the premium ones in the accessories brochure. I an not sure if I have standard or premium to be honest. They are fine but nothing special.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I paid the additional £100 for premium mats, ... what a waste of money !

No one told me the R-Sport came with a standard set for free :x

A word to the wise, don't waste £100 ... spend it on something more useful !

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
My R-Sport came with what I thought standard Mats, plain black no motifs but got a set of the Luxury Mats from the dealer FOC. These are the ones listed at £129 on the configurator. The luxury mats are very different to the ones that came with the car. 'Deep' pile with a metal Jaguar badge. Don't know if they are the same as premium or the std mats are the premium ones?

·
Registered
197 Posts
£100 or £129 ... either way it's an extortionate amount to pay for some carpet !

I was sold the line, "Surely you want to protect your lovely car ?"

I didn't realise I was about to be fleeced for some thin carpet tiles.

If the dealer doesn't include them for FREE ... don't bother.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gary said:
From what I've been told Jaguar were failing to put them in the car. I wonder if they still are. The front mats in mine are the same quality as the rear and I thought the premium mats were only for the front?
I had a similar experience. When delivered only with "standard" carpets.Dealer tried to argue ,but I had the evidence from Topix that JLR only fitted the standard carpets. Luckily my invoice showed the Premium Carpets as a separate item. Dealer finally supplied them and mine do have a badge.
Robert

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.