Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XE R Sport 163 arrives next Friday morning with the delivery all booked in now, finally !!

But I'm mithering already over the small 17" alloys, as its a company car I had to go for 17" to keep emissions below 99co2. But now it's here I'm already thinking of upgrading the wheels and chancing my arm on this.

I've got two options powdercoated the 17's black and hope they look ok. Or swap to F Type 19"s which are reasonable price used.

Has anyone got a pic of a powdercoated 17" alloy fitted to see how it looks?

Are the F Type alloys a direct figment on the XE?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

Hopefully some smart member can help with this query

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's a personal thing, but when I saw 17s on an XE in the dealership, I thought they looked too small for the car - my mini has 17 inch wheels :) If it were my money I would stump up for some after-market 18s or 19s, like those f-type ones you mentioned (my purchase was private, so I was able to just order the 19" black venoms, I think it was worth the money). I don't think painting the 17s black will cure the fact they simply look too small. Just my 10 pence.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Patpending said:
Hmm I'm thinking the same tbh but at least the tax will be lower.
Is the tax really higher than buying a new full set of rims and tyres?
Plus will your companies pay for larger tyres each time they need replacing?

·
Registered
204 Posts
17's do look too small IMO, but that's how Jag do it and it's similar on the XF.

Getting the 17's sprayed black won't disguise the size, so go for bigger rims like the F type ones you mentioned.

However, be careful, as mentioned will you then have issues on a company car when it comes to changing tyres?

Also check that as a company car, by changing the wheels won't affect anything with the lease company or your own company terms and conditions. Last thing you want is to have an accident and then find you are in breach of your contractual obligations.

Changing wheels is fine on privately owned cars, but a company car is just that! Some companies may be fine, but I can imagine many companies may well have issues with you making any such changes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm in the same boat too, but ordered the 15 spoke jobs, I was hoping someone would have got around to refinishing the wheels black before my car arrives ;)

I was googling em places that would do it and the dealer off I had of 500 to do it sounded decent....plus you can post delivery fit the black pack too.....

It's not so much the lease company but effectively fiddling the tax man though isn't it if you have larger wheels and say nothing? You will be taxed based on BIK emissions and so on....changing wheels affects this, even if not your contribution to the lease of the car (if any). Unless you are willing to pay for your own tyres I reckon you'll get pulled up on it,

·
Registered
448 Posts
SiblingChris said:
......... I was googling em places that would do it and the dealer off I had of 500 to do it sounded decent....plus you can post delivery fit the black pack too.....,
Chris, do you know for certain that the black pack can be ordered and retrofitted and at what cost because at £500 for factory fit it is obviously far cheaper than £765 to buy black dealer fitted vents and grille(?surround), which is all the build tool offers for a Portfolio?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sorry matey that's not what I said. The dealer offered to refinish the wheels black for 500...verbally at least. The black I was told could be fit post delivery, but i wasn't given a cost for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone confirm if F Type alloys are the same size or not?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts