Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order an XE Prestige 163 Auto as my Company Car. Problem is I can't make my mind up about the colour. Glacier White maybe? Anyone have one in this colour

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think it depends what you want from a colour.
I wanted something distinctive and different from most other XEs, and that would stand out - but not so worried about subtlety. Not seen glacier white but ultimate black looks fantastic.
Personally I'm not a fan of either the basic white or black (for different reasons) but that doesn't mean they're bad!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Glacier white looked awesome on the RSport I saw at the dealer, much much nicer than the plain "flat" polar white in my opinion......depending on your train of thought the latter is a bit "iPod" or "taxi".
I don't know colour is such a personal thing.....

·
Registered
471 Posts
Same here, wife and two daughters aligned against Blue but so far have stood firm but with time to change ordered spec, I am seriously challenged by Celestial Black, albeit not seen latter on a car. Was hoping HaloJones would post picture as per another thread.
Guess I'd have to change username if I did.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Still hesitating on the colour here as well.

My wife would like Dark Sapphire, but I don't like it.
I'm thinking about Bluefire (which is nice), Ammonite Grey (very classy) or Italian Racing Red (more of a sporty look indeed).

One of the dealer I went to was kind enough to show me a lot of the different colours available on cars which were already outside waiting for delivery. Seeing the colours under the sun is quite more interesting than inside the dealership. I've seen:

Dark Sapphire, Odyssey Red, Osmium Blue, Polaris White, Ultimate Black, Bluefire (which I test-drove), Italian Racing Red, Quartzite (which I test-drove), and Rhodium Silver.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Bluefire65 said:
HaloJones said:
Pic tomorrow I hope
That would be great. Interested to know whether it simply looks like a dark blue or black with a hint of blue
Hello Halojones, is lack of photo due to car being moved on?
Am in Beckenham Sunday and thinking about driving to Sidcup to have a look.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The problem has simply been that the car is their prime demonstrator so seems to be permanently on the road rather than in the dealer. I've been thru the car park there four times since I offered and it's not been there once. If you're thinking about going via Sidcup, I suggest a call first to ask if it will be there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bluefire65 said:
HaloJones said:
Pic tomorrow I hope
That would be great. Interested to know whether it simply looks like a dark blue or black with a hint of blue
Its more really really dark blue/black and when the light hits it you see the blue shine. You can see you tube videos of it in the xf and f type!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Many thanks Halojones for the information and advice and also to Ste for comments.

I'll have a look on You Tube but would also like to view it in the flesh on an XE and so will check availability with Lancaster Sidcup. If I get a snap, I'll post it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blue fire looks smart in r sport. I think it depends on extras. White is still the popular colour which I have selected due to no charge and finish. Alloys play a big part too. No matter what colour it's going to look amazing.

( Ordered : xe r sport (180) Auto white with 19'' Venom silver alloys)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sparky86 said:
Blue fire looks smart in r sport. I think it depends on extras. White is still the popular colour which I have selected due to no charge and finish. Alloys play a big part too. No matter what colour it's going to look amazing.

( Ordered : xe r sport (180) Auto white with 19'' Venom silver alloys)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Colour selection is an interesting subject - I'm very much into colour on everything and it took longer to pick than the mechanical options. I solved it by breaking the problem down into stages - what do I like, what does the family like, what is low maintenance, what is generally popular, what is the safest night and day, etc. I got different answers for most questions but ended up with two colours - considered buying two cars for a millisecond and then chose the best of the two

·
Registered
471 Posts
I guess that with a Southampton location that all the blue tones were eliminated pretty quickly then :|

So for others with a blue tendency; in relation to posts above, Jaguar Sidcup now deny all knowledge of a Celestial black XE, so as it stands it looks like the call will have to be made based on Tube video of 2009 XJ and Brochure strip.

Black on Blue or Blue on Black? :-\

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
HaHa -yes it could be hazardous to flash Portsmouth's colour in Southampton. .

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Bluefire65 said:
I guess that with a Southampton location that all the blue tones were eliminated pretty quickly then :|

So for others with a blue tendency; in relation to posts above, Jaguar Sidcup now deny all knowledge of a Celestial black XE, so as it stands it looks like the call will have to be made based on Tube video of 2009 XJ and Brochure strip.

Black on Blue or Blue on Black? :-\
Just went there today and they do have one, so don't know who you spoke to but they have one. Ask to speak to David. I spoke to him today and I will be calling him again tomorrow to remind him that he is supposed to be sending me some pics of it. Then I will post them here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.