Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just ditched the merc estate & ordered mine Friday; 163 R-Sport Auto, ebony black (because it was free..), meridian sound system, split folding seats & parking pack. I went for the black/black leather, only now I'm not sure if it's understated or I will simply be climbing into a black hole every day...for 3 years

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well at least you don't have the black headliner as well :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Personal choice re interior. Personally I like it dark, black leather and black headliner is fine with me, I'd rather have that than the light headliner with dark seats, but that's just me.

Mind you I still keep thinking about changing my choice, my build slot isn't until September and my dealer said I still have time to change spec if I want........... :-?

Have seen the back and red in the flesh and looked good, it's very hard unless you see the real thing.

Sometimes it best to just go with your original gut feeling and stick with you initial choice, at least that's what keep telling myself lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Harry I agree it's the jet/red interior that's turned my head. I very nearly ordered it but thought understated might be long term best bet, now not so sure. That or I stop being so cheap and go for a metallic paint

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If you can, get the Celestial Black. It's stunning in the flesh (so to speak).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Yamyay congrats with your car sound like you have a dilemma on your hands. I thought the same as you but opted for the Jet/Red option as I think it will brighten my car inside plus it's not often you get to choose funky but stylish interiors.

XE R Sport 180ps Manual | Italian Racing Red| Jet/Red Interior | 19" Venom 5 Twin Spoke Black |Black Pack | Parking Pack

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey MotoHornet...thanks its not a bad dilemma mind, think I will try and get to a dealership and check it out in real life, thanks for the advise. Celestial Black HaloJones I wish, I wont even go for a Metallic because it costs (company car driver), got to be BlackCherry tho no?! ; )

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yamyay said:
Hey MotoHornet...thanks its not a bad dilemma mind, think I will try and get to a dealership and check it out in real life, thanks for the advise. Celestial Black HaloJones I wish, I wont even go for a Metallic because it costs (company car driver), got to be BlackCherry tho no?! ; )
Hi YamJay,

You can change the car a bit so it won't have only black features (you can try to add chrome lining on the windows (costs nothing more)) and the seats have white lining. You also have interior lighting (phospor blue) so the ambiant is not as you call it "a black hole"

But that's only my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I wasn't sure about the chrome addition but good point. I have seen a review with black interior and black paint on the R-Sport Looked rather nice I thought. I'm going to stick with it. :-bd thanks for the input guys much appreciated :ymapplause:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yamyay, good to hear you have made up your mind and are sticking to your original choice.

I was also still weighing up the pros and cons of my choice and considering other options, so took a drive to the nearest Stratstone today to have a look at what they had. Sat in a white R Sport with the black pack, black venoms and red/jet interior. Very nice and was tempted, but think im now more comfortable with what I originally chose, and like you will be sticking with my initial decision.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Harry, you are very right the answer is getting out to a dealership - I'm going to do the same myself next week.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yamyay, I think I'm addicted! Was in London today visiting a client and passed Stratstone in Mayfair, had the White R Sport in the window at the front and had to pop in and take another look. Exact same spec as the one I looked at yesterday but good to see it again and I think it helped me again to stick to my original choice.

So yes, pop into a dealer and take a look.

I'm now going to keep clear from visiting dealers, as I don't want confuse myself further :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.