Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the Portfolio with the Meridian system and its glorious.

Also my first car with DAB in,

But one niggle - I have configured my preset stations on the touch panel - but when using the steering wheel buttons - it doesn't scroll through the pre-sets - but instead scans to the next station in the frequency.

This seems odd if Jaguar designed it this way. On every other car I have driven the wheel controls scroll through favourites/presets - and not the freq.

I can use the touch panel - but not great when driving - and you are not always on the media screen (example using Sat Nav)

I cannot find any settings to change the behaviour of the wheel button.

Anyone else have the same?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumping this - as driving me crazy!

Anyone used the steering wheel controls for radio? Does yours scroll though presets - or the next station in the frequency?

·
Registered
48 Posts
MrBigglesworth said:
Bumping this - as driving me crazy!

Anyone used the steering wheel controls for radio? Does yours scroll though presets - or the next station in the frequency?
I think the test car i drove was going to the next frequency... So normal behaviour i think...

·
Registered
799 Posts
On my bm the steering wheel buttons do the last thing the radio was set to do with the idrive controller. Is tune frequency the arrows on wheel do that. If scroll presets the arrows on wheel do that. Plus within I drive u can select what each button on wheel (some not all) is used for.

Must be an option on an a car 10 years newer than mine?

·
Registered
799 Posts
MrBigglesworth said:
Yeah I had the 3 series before the Jag and it was the same. Seemingly not an option with the XE.... :(
Lightyears ahead on all but steering wheel controls.

Maybe they will do a software update to deal with some of the issues that customers pick up on that weren't noticed during their design stage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts