Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Can you turn the screen brightness down for night time?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think Clarkson was talking about the Ambient Lighting option rather than the standard lights.

Would be interesing to have a night picture of the dashboard/interior from someone who has the Ambient Lighting option specced.

·
Registered
202 Posts
SiblingChris said:
Can you turn the screen brightness down for night time?
I think I remember from another post that yes, there's a knob for that to the right of the steering wheel.

I would like to ask - is it possible to enlarge the size of the digital mph figures on the display?
I find using the much more prominent digital read-out on my Honda a lot easier than trying to work out exactly where that pesky needle was on my (former) XK.
Thanks anyone.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'd of thought screen brightness would be a setting on the information system itself.

Speedo numbers look odd. First I've seen that are 10 30 50 etc. Used to 20 40 60 etc

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree that the dash colour change is a nice touch. I think dash, colour wise is stunning.
The main issue that i have with it is that, assuming we drive within the legal limits of the road :), the speedo needle is on the left-hand side of the left-hand dial. I've found that this makes it extremely difficult to view at times so i've become dependant on the digital speedo which for me as tricky at first as i've never driven a car with a digital speedo. Perhaps it's just because i'm use to the dial setup on my previous cars or perhaps my seat setup isn't ideal but i just find it a bit of a pain as to why the dials weren't the other way round to the needles and digital readout were both in the centre.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Agreed. Would have been better with speedo on the right and rev counter on the left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.