Jaguar XE Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the message no restarts in 500 miles a couple of months ago. After a little research i suspected the aperture where the DEF injects into exhaust was blocked with crystallised DEF. i took it to my local garage to check and indeed it was blocked. Once cleared, the message changed and the countdown continued. After around 80 miles the message cleared without having it re set by jaguar.
Today, the same message has appeared so have booked into the garage to get it cleared again.
This is obviously a design fault with the system. On another note, apparently there is an additive than can be added to the DEF that stops this? Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Will it really not let you start the engine?

It might be a bold move programming that into a car in today's health and safety / litigation culture. Imagine stalling it somewhere or having to stop for whatever reason ( accident or other emergency ) in an unsafe place, such as a motorway ( with or without hard shoulder ), and not being able to restart because the counter had timed out and therefore creating an even more dangerous situation.

I do like the idea of a soft, cold voice saying "I'm sorry, but I can't do that, Dave." when you hit the start button though. :cool:
Yes it really wont start, its an eu emissions directive not a jlr thing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea its a joke of a system, but has an easy fix get it deleted off the system no more worries or costs, just a software change no hardware remove or anything and can be turned back on with Jag Update if needed. 😆😎
Does this work without affecting anything else (Mot tests emissions I'm worried about)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the message no restarts in 500 miles a couple of months ago. After a little research i suspected the aperture where the DEF injects into exhaust was blocked with crystallised DEF. i took it to my local garage to check and indeed it was blocked. Once cleared, the message changed and the countdown continued. After around 80 miles the message cleared without having it re set by jaguar.
Today, the same message has appeared so have booked into the garage to get it cleared again.
This is obviously a design fault with the system. On another note, apparently there is an additive than can be added to the DEF that stops this? Can anyone confirm?
Hi - What happened when it went in? I've just cleaned mine and there wasn't as much crystallisation in there as I've seen on some other videos, and when restarted mine also still displays the same message. I've yet to do the 80 miles or so to see if it clears but obvs have the countdown to no restart so a bit nervous of that. What did they have to do to yours to resolve it please?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts