Jaguar XE Forum banner
521 - 536 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have they said why it hasn't been allowed? I ordered my D200 Black edition 7/5/22 and still no news from my dealer either.
Yes, I insisted that it be ordered to the spec I want (having rejected a car that arrived with 4 missing items). I won't accept less. Jaguar are not taking orders on cars with several items I want so until they do my order can't be submitted.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherpassword

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I insisted that it be ordered to the spec I want (having rejected a car that arrived with 4 missing items). I won't accept less. Jaguar are not taking orders on cars with several items I want so until they do my order can't be submitted.
Sorry to hear this! Not great a great service for you.
I found out last week any new cars are only coming with one key, the second to be sent at a future unknown date...

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
721 Posts
Jaguar must further download the microchip waiting line than the companies that make £10 versions of the fit bit - my god the news outlets ain’t lying when they say that some auto manufacturers are worst hit by the shortages.

1 key ! They’ll be putting candles in the headlights soon

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not just XEs. My sister in law only got one key with the new F-Pace she purchased two weeks ago with the promise that she'd get her second key within one month.
Yes you're right, it said for all JLR vehicles. Also mentioned issues re gesture boot opening if spec'd, but with the XE don't suppose that would be as popular as on an F-Pace for example.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Fortunately her F-Pace came loaded with nearby every feature offered by JLR, including a now rarer HUD. Unfortunately her illuminated tread plates of all things don't work.

·
Registered
P300 R-Dynamic HSE, Eiger Grey, Pano Roof, Black Pack & Wheels, Red Calipers MY22
721 Posts
Your joking ? Did they forget to wire them ? hope they sort it for her not a cheap machine and that’s something she’ll notice EVERY time she gets in the vehicle !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sad to say I’ve given up. My year and 4 months or so of waiting has been too stressful to continue any longer. Was advised to take the meridian sound upgrade off my options as they don’t know if or when it will be available again. To be in with a chance of getting the car within another 6 months I would have to have a standard car with no options. Already lost the digital display, taking off the sound system upgrade as well would just mean getting a car that I will never be happy with. Could wait longer but who knows how long that would be. Went into bmw today, that had a showroom full of new cars, with 30 stock cars due in the next two weeks. Looks like Jags priority remains to build the high end cars. Ended up buying anther 3 series with all the bells and whistles on, even a heads up display!!!
Good luck to all with orders in, really hope you get your cars asap.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've also given up. Got a Kia EV6 GT-Line S AWD on order. No crap from Kia apart from charging cables have now been deleted from orders but I can source those unlike a digital display, and the other 5 items Jaguar won't let me have although still on the website.

·
Registered
828 Posts
This is a sad tale and Jaguar availability looks to be very bad against BMWs, so it can't all be down to the non availability of silicon chips. I think it's at least partly due to the influence of JLR's new CEO who has publically stated that he wants to move Jaguar into Aston Martin territory, so I'm sure his influence has led to the virtual abandonment of Jaguar's moderately priced vehicles, especially the saloons/sedans.

·
Registered
721 Posts
So sad, both the tales of wait and woe (I was one of them for a while but luckily spotted a new P300 in feb, the only aspect I really wanted that I didn’t get was a HUD) but again this new CEO trying to re-position JLR in a market they simply won’t be able to make an impact on (imho)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I cannot make up my mind if he is trying to save jaguar or devalue it so much that the psl group buy it for peanuts, i am leaning towards the latter personally

·
Registered
721 Posts
It just seems like a daft move if they pull it off and convince people with Aston money to purchase a Jag the Kudos but personally if I had £200k + to spend on a car I’d pick an AM over a Jag and I love Jags !!!

·
Registered
in Sandwell, West Midlands!
907 Posts
SWMBO has promised to buy me a shiny new Aston when she wins the lottery.... 😍

But I'm pretty sure she hasn't bought a ticket since I retired! :D

But I always thought that back in Sir William's day, Jags were supposed to be relatively affordable alternatives to Astons and the like?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jaguar is not making any money, in fact it is a major sinkhole and pulling JLR down. I'm convinced the recent moves by the CEO is to enable them to sell Jaguar before 2025's electrification date and keep Land Rover as this is where their profits and future lies.

521 - 536 of 536 Posts