Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Had an e-mail from Lombard Vehicle Solutions today that my 180D R Sport Auto has a delivery date of 27/11 now back from 11/9! Must say decision to go with XE was from the heart and not the brain as a C300 Hybrid and Lexus IS we're both better specs and less tax.
Actually my first choice was New (NEW) XF but dealer told me the earliest delivery on that would have been in November so to avoid such a long
Wait they said go for the XE Ha ha!
Ramifications are that my company are not too happy about this and had to fend off requests to cancel the order! Heart still rules!
Just seems like JLE are struggling to cope with a new phase in their development, i.e. A bit of volume. I have read on the site that delays are because of unexpected demand for petrol engines, well my engine 180D was always going to be the most popular, so this disproves that theory,
Would be really interesting to know (if there Re any brave JLR employees reading this) what the number of orders received are and the forecasted orders and the weekly production target is.
Anyway I suppose I have N early Xmas present to look forward to!
180 R Sport Auto BRG Jet/Oyster plus bits

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Mines been put back by a week so far....20/11.

I'm positive the wait will be well worth it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not great, Jager. Hope it comes earlier for you.

I've just left the dealer to let me know what craic is, without chasing to avoid disappointment.

Had an email today that's its due in the next two weeks.

Happy days. :-bd

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is it all down to Jaguar?

11 weeks seems a big delay, when did you put your order in?

Delays with your company, lease company or the dealer could all be factors, only needs one of those 3 elements to be slow and not pushing through the original order and also depends on build slots.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine is being delivered tomorrow at 8am, by a chap called Malcolm in case you're interested, but I've had three delays totalling a month overall from the first muted date. Not too bad considering I ordered it in Jan !

·
Registered
204 Posts
My dates came forward 42 days recently, so the original dates I was given were probably overly stated to manage expectations. I spoke to the dealer this week and had originally been told it was a September build slot as per the lease company, but it's actually 28 August, so my dates have moved forward again slightly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Alfa Male said:
Mine is being delivered tomorrow at 8am, by a chap called Malcolm in case you're interested, but I've had three delays totalling a month overall from the first muted date. Not too bad considering I ordered it in Jan !
If you're not in when he calls, you can tell Malcolm to leave it with me.... :) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts