Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably already been spoken about before and if so sorry.
But I thought I'd ask the question how long from order to delivery has everyone had to wait? I know the XE S owners have to wait longer as well as the 2.0 turbo petrol ones. I've ordered the diesel and was just looking for some insight. Cheers.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ordered mid march r sport 180 delivery to dealer last Friday and to me this coming Friday.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ordered mid-April, expected 10th August (put back from this Friday, 31st July.) Delivery time seems consistent with @tobes and @Halojones orders.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers lads. I ordered mine mid June. So hopefully will be here within a few weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered my IRR Prestige, 180PS automatic from the Plymouth dealer on 22 June and was told that it would be delivered early October. I think that they had previously arranged a production slot for that delivery date.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If they have a previously arranged build slot they can generally speed things up a little.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ordered on 23rd March and took delivery 26th June.

Prestige 163 Manual Diesel - Polaris White with Bi Xenon Headlights 10/10 electric seats (foc) Meridian sound system.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ordered mine early May and should get it on Friday.

The dealer was telling me yesterday that while most versions are flowing through the system, some options are causing delays, but he wasn't specific about what those options might be.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ordered early June and collecting today :ymparty:

Spoke to dealer last week as was getting new plate and he said was expecting it in for delivery this week so picking up today and thanks to DVLA new system actually working well i have old plate retained from current car and plates changed for trade in, V5 received and V750 for new plate received all since last Friday.
Taking paperwork along to dealer for plates so that car gets registered in new plate then collecting after work. :D
Hopefully it will be built to spec.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My order was 16th October and first delivery date was 20 6 15, finally collected today.
163 Portfolio, Manual, Ammonite, Oyster interior with extras.
Reason for the delay was described as undergoing Enhanced Quality Checks.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Brucecv8 said:
My order was 16th October and first delivery date was 20 6 15, finally collected today.
163 Portfolio, Manual, Ammonite, Oyster interior with extras.
Reason for the delay was described as undergoing Enhanced Quality Checks.
Remember their reason if you should (God forbid!) find anything wrong. Car should be absolutely perfect after "Enhanced Quality Checks".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered my R Sport through Lex November 2014 and still waiting - good news on portal today though as delivery to dealer brought forward 1 week to 14/08. Getting closer but been a long
haul !!! Don't quite get the variance in delivery and lead times.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I called the dealer direct today and they said build date was Oct 20th. They advised that Leasing companies tend to be pessimistic on delivery dates.
Interestingly they agreed on the erratic delivery of vehicles. They had an order for 4 identical SE's all ordered by one company on the same day but 3 arrived and 1 is still pending!
They also said JLD expected most sales to be SE and Prestige, however there have been very few SE orders and well above expected sales of R Sport trim resulting in a lack of Jet stitching.
R Sport 180 Auto BRG plus bits

·
Registered
90 Posts
L9EEW said:
Ordered June 01, had the call today she is ready to collect Friday.

Not a bad wait at all!
Ordered my 180 R Sport 2nd June. Current expected delivery 2nd November!! How on earth can there be such a huge difference in delivery times???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.