Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a Jaguar XE-R Sport on order currently.

Just a quick question, wondering if the cars get delivered to the dealership you ordered it from or will it be delivered to my house?

Im not really sure as its the first new car I have ordered.

Cheers guys.
Harry

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Harry I did not take up the option for home delivery, but at least 1 member has had a home delivery. I don't see why you should not if you request it.
I was happy I took the collect from dealer option, as I wanted a full run through of the features, many of which were new to me.
Also I am very relieved to have done so, as the Sat Nav did not work initially and it had to be rebooted by the service department, saving me a 60 mile round trip for this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Princeofthejungle said:
Congratulations Harry for that R-sport.

It is by default delivered to the dealership but some of them offer home deliveries. You need to double-check with them.
Thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brucecv8 said:
Hi Harry I did not take up the option for home delivery, but at least 1 member has had a home delivery. I don't see why you should not if you request it.
I was happy I took the collect from dealer option, as I wanted a full run through of the features, many of which were new to me.
Also I am very relieved to have done so, as the Sat Nav did not work initially and it had to be rebooted by the service department, saving me a 60 mile round trip for this.
Thats a very good point, did not think of that - thank you!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hmm, I got no real run-through whatsoever. Maybe that's why I'm having to ask so many questions.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HaloJones said:
Hmm, I got no real run-through whatsoever. Maybe that's why I'm having to ask so many questions.
Did they not give you a run through when you test drove it? They did for me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Dealer is in Coventry so home option for me

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tobes said:
Dealer is in Coventry so home option for me
Ah thats good, I think i'd prefer a home delivery, then I don't have to get a lift to the dealer and can mess around with it at my own pace!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
HarryB said:
HaloJones said:
Not really, a quick explanation (which I already knew most of having had a quick spin in an XF) of brake first, then button, etc. But really all that the test drive was, was exactly that. A spin around a variety of local roads including a 70 dual carriageway. Certainly there was no detailed explanation of the infotainment, the various buttons, levers, dials etc. I've really learnt everything from the manual and from this forum.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HaloJones said:
HarryB said:
HaloJones said:
Not really, a quick explanation (which I already knew most of having had a quick spin in an XF) of brake first, then button, etc. But really all that the test drive was, was exactly that. A spin around a variety of local roads including a 70 dual carriageway. Certainly there was no detailed explanation of the infotainment, the various buttons, levers, dials etc. I've really learnt everything from the manual and from this forum.
I see, generally I just would need a quick show around. I've never actually driven a automatic before and my previous car was a 1.2 polo :))

·
Registered
22 Posts
New member. First post

My XE is through LEX. Dealer is in Sheffield. It's a 700+ mile round trip. It's being delivered to my house by transporter next week (should have been here Wednesday but a mix up between dealer and leasing company meant that didn't happen)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've seen a lot of people say they are using LEX, is there any reason why so many people do, rather than going through a dealership directly?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have ordered through Alphabet as this is one of the companies I can choose from. Spoke to the company sales person at the dealer and asked if I could collect my new car as they usually deliver them to my home and collect the old one. She said that should not be an issue and they would take my old car back as well. The dealer is in Coventry and I am about 75 miles away. Another reason to collect her is that I will do it during the working day :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.