Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I've found this forum because I've just placed a deposit with my dealer for the Jag XE.

Obviously no real information around yet but I've done it because I've been promised first place in the no doubt long waiting list to come.

Cheers
Ian
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
312 Posts
Hi Ian,
I assume it's just a LOI you've put in at the moment? How much deposit have you had to put down?

Welcome to the forums! :-bd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Hello Ian - welcome to the Jaguar XE Forums!

I've left £1000 with my dealer - fully refundable if I'm not happy once the full details are revealed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Hello Ian, welcome to the XE Club. :)

I didn't realise you could place letters of intent at the moment - might pop to my Jaguar dealers this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
I paid my deposit in April , The time has gone so quick cant believe its August !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Geoff 11 said:
I paid my deposit in April , The time has gone so quick cant believe its August !
I know, the full reveal just over a week away now!

When you paid your deposit did you get added to any kind of waiting list? If so do you know where abouts in the queue you are? I am worried if people started putting their names down in April (or earlier) I'm going to be without an XE for a year :((
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
I am told early March Delivery, I would imagine most people out there don't even know this car is coming until its
advertised , plus others will wait until they see the full details & shape, get your deposit in now to book a space in the
build slot , at least if you don't like it you can get it back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I have seen it! It looks incredible, it will drive brilliantly. And let's face it, the competition has forgotten what 'Premium' means and instead make cars that look nice from the outside but fail to excite when driving and are full of plastic, cheap materials. Rest assured Jaguar won't be making that mistake. This car is going to be a show stopper. Get ordering in October when pricing is released if you want to be driving one before next summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I spoke to 2 Midlands dealers last week who were taking either £500 or £1000 refundable deposits (depending on the dealer) for a place in the first batch of delivery of cars.

Dealer 1 did seem to think the first batch of cars would be the 2 with the Ingenium engines (I presume the 2.0 petrol and diesel models) so it'd be interesting to see what engine the XE-S has and likely delivery timescales.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
I think the higher power 2 L would be quick enough given all that aluminiumn and hopefully a 220 bhp motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I also placed £1000 last week. Information still scant and various. My Dealer is talking about May/June for "possible" delivery. I am ordering XE 2.0i R-Sport 240PS Auto with £7500 of options. Be interesting to see how this order stands up. Have been told by third party source from Jaguar that Diesels due mid/late summer and Petrol from late Autum. Hope that rumour is NOT correct. Unimaginable that Jaguar could have set up the Presentation, costing something like £12m advised motor correspondence of proposed sale dates then added 6 months to everything!!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
312 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums, congratulations on your order!

I hope it is a lot sooner than that but the US are not getting it until 2016! Hopefully that is to give Jaguar a chance to clear some of its Euro orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
jonaud said:
I also placed £1000 last week. Information still scant and various. My Dealer is talking about May/June for "possible" delivery. I am ordering XE 2.0i R-Sport 240PS Auto with £7500 of options. Be interesting to see how this order stands up. Have been told by third party source from Jaguar that Diesels due mid/late summer and Petrol from late Autum. Hope that rumour is NOT correct. Unimaginable that Jaguar could have set up the Presentation, costing something like £12m advised motor correspondence of proposed sale dates then added 6 months to everything!!
My thought about this is that the new engines are not available until later on for the new Discovery Sport, maybe its the new engines that have a delay on them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Jaguar Product Team just confirmed "build of customers vehicles to commence in june 2015 for delivery that month. This will be for both diesel and petrol models"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Just ordered mine via company lease scheme and have been told July, but obviously that's subject to change. Let's hope it's June.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
312 Posts
Andy1979 said:
Just ordered mine via company lease scheme and have been told July, but obviously that's subject to change. Let's hope it's June.
Fingers crossed for June for you :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top