Jaguar XE Forum banner

Discount on xe

8K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Bluefire65 
#1 ·
Been offered 4 per cent discodis on new xe.
And that is before a single car has been delivered !

#4 ·
I was offered 6% off the sport.
Had no trouble getting £1500 off cash price on the prestige I ordered, twisted the salesman's arm and got a set of mud flaps and a full tank of fuel thrown in as well.

#9 ·
oh ps i will make another post on this but you may want to try and get better tyre dust caps both my grandads f type and my dads xf have all tarnished they are just cheap painted ones standard when we are paying anything from 24k to 100k for these cars they should be better.

#14 ·
I was offered 6% from 3 different dealers in the North West, and one who went above that with an over valued part ex to make it easier to jump out of my current PCP. Thats without negotiation :)

I'm kind of surprised this isn't more consistent - 1-2% here or there is only a few hundred quid, but as always when buying a new car I am a little surprised at the variation. I'd be back to my dealer complaining if I had been offered less!

Still, a discount is standard on any car - I would never buy a new car without at least 5% off the list price (including the options) - anything less and they are taking the michael a little...

#15 ·
Hmm, not been offered anything to take the car "ordered" in May. Dealer wants full list. Walk away? As stated, there seems to be a lot of options out there for discounts.

#16 ·
I quoted the on line broker price and the dealer matched it.

#18 ·
I think for the majority who ordered cars in the beginning the dealers were in a position to ask full list. It certainly happened with me. I walked away from the first dealer as they wouldn't give a penny discount. Ordered elsewhere and got a reasonable discount. Fast forward a few months and some are getting a quoted 6%

#19 ·
Yes my discount was on a PCP going with Jaguar Finance, and I suspect thats where much of it is coming from. You likely wont have seen any if you placed a holding deposit back in jan/feb when it was touring around - but thats because the finance deals were not out yet and the dealers had nothing to work from.

Fast forward to committing your order a few months later when the finance packages are available and you should get it - depending on when you signed your paperwork!

#20 ·
Just placed my order for R-Sport 200hp Petrol and got 8.1% discount when signing up to PCP package. That was just the standard offer showing on the Jaguar finance calculator so I'm hoping the other discounts showing on here aren't on top of that!

#22 ·
Even more for a cash deal.

#25 ·
HaloJones said:
Hmm, not been offered anything to take the car "ordered" in May. Dealer wants full list. Walk away? As stated, there seems to be a lot of options out there for discounts.
I'd go back to the dealer and quote the discounts that others are getting and are available on line. Perhaps take print outs of some of the comments from this site and / or get a quote off carwow and quote that. If they won't match these offers then there are plenty of other dealerships around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.