Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my the experience of getting my new XE has had the edge taken off of it.
Firstly, after waiting nearly 6 months for my white Prestige 163 it arrived, but not built to my specification - it came with latte leather seats not black :((
The only option was for JLR to do a rebuild ........ however they would not pioritise the build so the lead time was 20wks ! in the end I have taken the original one and will keep it until the correct one arrives (they can carry the depreciation costs for their mess up).
But the tale does not end there ........ I have had the car (which I love by the way - except the seat colour..... much better drive than my previous 3 series which I thought was excellent) for 3 days and already have developed a fault - the aircon now only blows cold on the passenger side of the cabin.
Had JLR roadside assistant out yeserday - guy was brilliant but couldnt fix it (its a damper motor stuck) and it now has to go back in to a dealer for repair. Was told the first Jaguar loan car would not be available for 11 days ..... You can probably imagine my response given the c**k up with the build X(
Seems like a bit of screaming and shouting has done the trick and its now going in on Sunday but they dont know how long they will have it for.

So far, all this hassle has taken the edge off of what should have been an exciting experience, and cant say I am that overly impressed with the after care service at this point

Will add an update when I get her back

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Things happen which can't be helped but not prioritising a replacement for you after they made a mistake is very poor service.

I hope you get treated better from now and that all of the issues get resolved

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. I've had my own issues which have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Only thing I can't understand is why you called roadside assistance for faulty aircon?! Maybe the dealer didn't explain its purpose but I'm equally surprised the came out when you told them what was wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it was that I had such a moan at the local dealer when they said it would be 11 days, that they got the Jag Total care roadside assistant to come out to see if they could do anything, even though it was not really appropriate for the fault type

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, not good experience. I love my new cat though and I hope Jag sorts yours out. Sure they will if you give them the opportunity.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's shockingly bad. Let's hope Jag up their game.

There will always be problems early on for some, but that's no excuse.

The XE is a massive investment and if Jag really want to make a serious dent in this market, which is reportedly so important to the Jag global business and growth plans, then they need to ensure they provide the customer support and address these types of issues from the outset.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I think it only fair to give an update on my experience.
Firstly, the problem with the Aircon was fixed in 2 days and to be fair to the dealer who carried out the repair (bristol), they were very helpful and went out of their way to provide me with a vehicle with towing capability (a 3.0 v6 Discovery - pretty nice!). Have had the XE back for over a week now and no re-occurence of the problem. Other than the original issue of the wrong interior, JLR have redeemed themselves a bit in my eyes.
Anyway, I have now had the chance to use my XE in anger ( Prestige manual 163PS in White)........ I love it!!!
Have done a mix of driving, local urban and rural roads as well as some motorway stuff - Really impressed with the handling on the more rural roads with very positive responsive steering from the EPS. Didnt think it would be better than my 3 series (320d saloon) in the corners when I push it on rural roads, but I am pleased to say i think it is, particualalry in Dynamic mode. I also think the lighter frame helps it to feel a bit quicker, at least in the middle to high gear range anyway.
Nice feel on the motorway with road noise acceptable. Pretty comfortable on the longer journey too. Mrs C hated the BMW as she found it really uncomfortable, but she is really impressed with the XE comfort, particularly the side support on the front seats (keeping Mrs C happy is a bonus :-bd ).
Over a mix of road types I have got circa 50 MPG (and I could have done better if i tried to be ecomomical, but where is the fun in that? :ymparty: ) - better than my BMW which i could only get to do that on careful motorway driving

What might be slightly different in this review to others is that I have towed my caravan. Caravan weight is 1340kg unladen so probably about 1400kg total (max permitted on my model is 1600kg).
The 163ps engine needs some revs on a standing start, particularly on an incline, but this was as I expected. Once moving though I was pretty impressed with how it coped. Never really seemed to be labouring too much, although fuel consuption was less than 30mpg, again as expected. I was towing on mainly single lane A and B roads too.

I had no plans to own a caravan when i ordered the car and had to add the detachable towbar to my order when we decided to get one. I may have ordered a more powerful model had i anticipated it, mine is a company car so was trying to keep the tax liability down. That said, she is more than capable of dealing with my caravan so I am pretty happy.

Overall, I am really happy with my first cat. I am waiting for JLR to give me a new one with the correct interior, due around early september. In the meantime I am going to enjoy the one I have :-bd

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's great that JLR have bent over backwards to help out. From what I've seen and from my own experience I think they were perhaps taken on the back foot with the level of demand, specifically for particular models (like the 2L petrol, which I've ordered). My dates have moved around a bit, also in part due to HUD issues, but both JLR and my dealer Grange Jaguar (Barnet) have done their utmost to keep me happy and also keep me informed.

Glad you are loving the car - it only goes to heighten the anticipation of those of us still waiting!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Even with all the problems we Have read about,no-one has been disappointed with the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts