Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the cars are arriving it hits me even more that the range of wheels all look oddly familiar. The 5 thick spoke rims are straight off a Volvo, the venom looks like almost any BMW / Merc / Kia (!!!) rim and most of the others are non-descript. Even the 20" rims for the S look remarkably like Focus RS wheels, I know they are only so many ways to design a wheel but just lacking something for me. Also think some of the wheels don't really suit the lines of the XE.

Or maybe it's just me?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Couldn't agree more, I think a lot of the wheels look designed elsewhere and look aftermarket.

Ive seen standard wheels on cars that look great and look like they have been designed for the car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I pre-ordered mine and all there was were the config tools I wasn't too impressed. I went with the Venom's as I had very similar on my XF. But my Jag dealer is also a Volvo dealer and he was like "this one is like that on the V70 there, these are like those on that Volvo".

There is quite a mismatch in styling between them. Fingers crossed the 19"s fill the arches well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.