Jaguar XE Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Does anybody know the configuration of the standard door mirrors, I am confused as there seems in the configuration three possibles.
I am replacing an Accord with the Xe. What I am looking for is electric fold with heating and near side dipping when reversing. Do I need a mirror pack?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi im not 100% sure but it seems to be FOC or £275 if you want them body coloured thats what the configurator suggests anyway but it is not in the standard spec list in the xe brochure :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rob, placed a deposit with my Stratstone dealer in September but as yet have no info regarding door mirrors. for me, they must fold in, be heated and with nearside dip to pick up the kerb when reversing. Have chosen front parking aid, head up display, 40-20-40 rear seat, parking pack, Wi-Fi hot spot and
spare wheel. I was hoping there might be some Jaguar Guys in the forum that could advise on mirrors.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I ordered mine through Leasedrive work scheme. Only option for mirrors was £275 pack that adds folding, puddle lights, auto dimming. These are also available as part of the 'memory pack' I think, which has other functions as well e.g. memory seats.

None of the literature mentions whether the mirrors dip automatically when engaging reverse, so depends if that is a deal breaker for you. I'd hope it's included as standard to be honest. I went for the folding mirrors as they are useful on very narrow roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for that Andy, looks like £275 I suspect. I am almost sure that the standard ones are manual fold in. "On a Jaguar, oh dear me"
As for folding in, I often get the thumbs up at a local set of lights as they try to squeeze past on the inside. Also, I appear to one of the few
to garage overnight and I fold in to keep them of the walls, try that with manuals!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the powerfold mirrors but despite puddle lamp lenses and i presume the bulb, the puddle lamps do not operate so assume they are part of another pack.
A Bit disappointed with this as I have the lighting pack with xenon lights , direction beams and auto high beam - i would have thought it not unreasonable to expect this pack to include puddle lamps working.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As confirmed by others on another thread, whatever powerfold mirror options you go for, if you do not get the memory pack then you won't get the offside mirror reverse dip feature as it won't be able to remember where to move too

Not sure if the puddle lights question ever was answered though? Some people have reported not having them on the mirrors....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I was expecting a bit more fold in on the mirrors..thought the mirror face would end up parallel to the windows. They protrude about 20mm beyond the vehicle body when folded, unlike what appears to be shown in the handbook (page 251 Dim 2). :?:

·
Registered
969 Posts
SiblingChris said:
As confirmed by others on another thread, whatever powerfold mirror options you go for, if you do not get the memory pack then you won't get the offside mirror reverse dip feature as it won't be able to remember where to move too

Not sure if the puddle lights question ever was answered though? Some people have reported not having them on the mirrors....
Yes the puddle light question is answered, there is a thread about it. There is a software update that fixes them. Mine do not yet work because I have not been back to the dealer yet.

Barrie

·
Registered
314 Posts
irishtaff said:
Maybe it's just me, but I was expecting a bit more fold in on the mirrors..thought the mirror face would end up parallel to the windows. They protrude about 20mm beyond the vehicle body when folded, unlike what appears to be shown in the handbook (page 251 Dim 2). :?:
Any thoughts on this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.